Galaxy SIII + portable amp?
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Boosh96

New Head-Fier
I must admit, I still don't have much of a clue how all this audiophile stuff works, so here's a question for all of you. I'm thinking about getting a FiiO E6 Fujiyama or E11 Kilimanjaro amp, and I was wondering if either one would work with a mobile device-in my case, the Samsung Galaxy SIII? Would either amp also work in tune with the built-in equalizer on my phone, and would it improve the performance of my Bose QC15 cans? Also, would either amp make a pair of Sennheiser HD 518's or 558's more friendly towards rock? I like a strong and clean bass response, but not like, ya know, SKULL-SHATTERING bass. It's like all of a sudden, I simply don't like my QC15's as much as I used to-I kinda think the bass is sort of muddy and that the mids and highs aren't all that great. If someone could address my rambling questions and stuff, that'd be GREAT.

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 6
I cant tell you how it would sound with any of the cans you mention, but I think the sgs3 is supported by voodoo sound, which on my sgs2 made a significant improvement on the sound and eliminated the need for a stand alone amp.  

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 6
I just did some reading up on this, and I guess my QC15's, being noise-cancelling cans, already have a built-in amp. And that means an external amp would have little, if any, effect on how they sound.

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 6
My setup is a Galaxy S3 with my ATH-M50s and a fiio e6. and honestly the e6 has a tremendous impact on bass and mids and treble. but my opinion is that you have to use it with an EQ. Because when tuned you can make it sound amazing. Even on low volume for public listening. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back