Gaim Instant Messenger
Feb 17, 2006 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

antiant

Banned
i recently acquired gaim instant messenger and i'm having a few issues i guess you could say, first of all with regards to the yahoo part of it...how can you make/create custom status messages? (and not necessairly be away, but just in your stat? is the character limit the same?) i see the custom option but i don't see where i can put anything there...when i'm invisible how do i know i'm invisible? i don't see anything in the stat area where it says it like the original version does...on aim does it have the little yellow away note? etc etc how can i change my fonts and make them permanent without having to customize it everytime i log on? how do i change the themes? why can't i see my own display picture if i wanted to? if i'm missing anything else please inform me here and thanks in advance as always

Feb 17, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 8
Sorry, but all I know about GAIM is that it has this seriously annoying font size bug which hasn't been fixed to date - even in the the beta version 2.

Maybe someone will see this thread and be able to help you.
580smile.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwiclx
Sorry, but all I know about GAIM is that it has this seriously annoying font size bug which hasn't been fixed to date - even in the the beta version 2.

Maybe someone will see this thread and be able to help you.
580smile.gif

What bug is that? I;ve been using GAIM since the first beta, and never had a problem with fonts.

Feb 17, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 8
I've been using it since the first beta, never had an issue with it. Unlike trillian.... wow did I have have issue with that.

Feb 17, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsabo
I don't have Yahoo, but for Gaim v. 1.5.0 with AIM and Jabber it's "Tools -> Away". Is that what you're looking for?

no...down at the very bottom it says custom, but yet i can't customize it

Feb 17, 2006 at 7:50 AM Post #8 of 8
Gaim's font is messed up. I just put it up as "make font the same" or something just so I can read the font. And I disabled the faces, which are a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back