GAH! Help me run sound for musical!
Feb 27, 2002 at 12:16 PM Post #16 of 21
Nope, not gonna use a meter.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any help doing the actual eqing? Just make everything flat, and go from there? Common solutions to problems? A website tutorial?

Feb 27, 2002 at 12:57 PM Post #17 of 21
Wouldn't a meter help though?

--from someone who doesn't know a thing about EQ
wink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 27, 2002 at 2:11 PM Post #18 of 21
EQing/ level ajustment is something that it is nice to have an assistant to work with. That way you (or that assistant) can walk about the theator while the other ajusts levels acording to what the first hears. If anything, it is just nice to have a second opinion.

Also remember that the acustics will change when people are in their seats.

Rehersal is the time to make sure you have everything right, and don't have one person overpowering the rest.

Feb 27, 2002 at 3:05 PM Post #19 of 21
Well, I've got one person who DOESN'T KNOW A THING. I think she'll be Mic bitch.
smily_headphones1.gif

But then, I've got another guy(teacher, he has a band.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

He knows his stuff. . .

Any hlep? Am I doing it right by going flat?

Feb 28, 2002 at 3:17 AM Post #20 of 21
No one here worried about feedback ?
Yes,get a meter man and do some sweep tones to get the basic flavor of the hall, find the peak nodes.
Radio Shack has a cheapie that is OK (the analog version) and for test tones just download the warbles from the net and burn a CD.

And don't forget to record the performance and upload somewhere for download.Make us proud dude

Feb 28, 2002 at 12:17 PM Post #21 of 21
Yeah, I'm watching the feedback. Everything went pretty smoothly last night. Oh yeah, when you guys say record the performance, you mean get video and EVERYTHING? I can do that, but it would take a month or so(video studio is gonna be patched into my sound board). Are there legal issues with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back