G4me One Vs. ATH ADG1X
Jan 7, 2017 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Amodymous

Head-Fier
Which of the two is better overall? I have an HD6XX but are meh for gaming. However, want a headset for dedicated gaming. I mainly play sandbox and FPS but want to know which would be better for casual/semi-competitive gaming with some more immersion. Price should be under $300 preferred. I also use Fiio E10K amp. Thank you very much

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 4
The senns headsets are all based off of the 518 if I am not mistaken. I am not sure which headphone the ADG1X gets it's drivers from.. I would lean toward the ADG1; I have multiple friends who own the various senns gaming headsets 350, 360d and gameone. I never liked any of them. If audiotechnica is smart the ADG1 would be based off the AD700 which was great for FPS in my and many others opinion. 

As far as immersion vs competition I would use a software equalizer on which ever you choose. Normally bringing up the bass helps lend weight to explosions and stuff to bring you into a game/movie. But for competition you want just the opposite bass down and upper mids to high frequency gets the boost so that explosions don't drowned out your positional information like foot steps / mag changes etc. 

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 4
Sorry for late reply but I do semi-competitive, so I want a balance between the two. From what I've read, ADG1 is more sibilant and mic is of lesser quality than Senn's. Also, 3D wing is flimsy and prone to damage from what I've read. What do you think of this?

PS: On Massdrop, PC37X are coming out, should I get those or choose one of these two?

Thanks.

-Solemn

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 4
  Which of the two is better overall? I have an HD6XX but are meh for gaming. However, want a headset for dedicated gaming. I mainly play sandbox and FPS but want to know which would be better for casual/semi-competitive gaming with some more immersion. Price should be under $300 preferred. I also use Fiio E10K amp. Thank you very much

Think of the G4me One as the Senn HD558, with a mic added on.
Think of the ATH-ADG1X as the ATH-AD700X, with a mic added on.

The FiiO E10K offers zero surround for surround sound gaming.
Assuming this is for a Windows desktop PC, you might consider getting an Asus Xonar DG or DGX or Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card.
If your ko gaming in stereo audio, just keep using the E10K.

You might consider getting a Bravo Audio Ocean tube (hybrid) headphone amplifier,
(use the E10K as the DAC for the Bravo Audio Ocean)
should improve the sound of the HD6XX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back