G3 and OGG
Aug 1, 2006 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

taksina

New Head-Fier
Sorry this is slightly off topic. All my music is in MP3. I just bought an iAudio G3 and use it with my old ER4P. I really like what I hear. Now I'm planning to encode my music in OGG, which will be my first such attempt. What program and settings (sound quality) should I use to rip it?

Aug 2, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by taksina
Sorry this is slightly off topic. All my music is in MP3. I just bought an iAudio G3 and use it with my old ER4P. I really like what I hear. Now I'm planning to encode my music in OGG, which will be my first such attempt. What program and settings (sound quality) should I use to rip it?

I would recommend to raise that question in the iAudio-forum as well:

http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/index.php?

eggosmile.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #3 of 5
foobar2000. YOu need to download the exe for the ogg encoder and then you can use the convert function in foobar to do it. The default bitrate i think its 190kbs. Since youre using a flash player that might be best for you. It really just depends on how much music you want to put on there. I wouldnt go below 190 though. AFAIK cowon players can go upto 500kbs OGG, so the skies the limit I guess. If you really want to go all out you can just rip into FLAC, which is about 750kbs on average and is of course lossless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back