G&W AT-F100 A Class Headphone Amplifier (for akg k701????!!!!)
Dec 28, 2005 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Gradino

100+ Head-Fier
100296-M.jpg

100296.jpg

Specially designed for headphones with low impedances. A class MOSFET design, gives headphones from 16-120 Ohm a sound full of transparency and liquidity, high definition, very good control over wide dynamic range at very lound volume. Refresh your judgement on headphones with low impedances.

Specifications:

Input sensitivity: 220mV

Rated output:

2 x 6000mW( 16 Ohm)

2 x 3300mW( 32 Ohm)

2 x 2200mW( 48 Ohm)

2 x 1100mW(100 Ohm)

2 x 375mW(300 Ohm)

2 x 187mW(600 Ohm)

Frequency response: 6Hz-200KHz(-1dB)

THD: <=0.003%(1KHz; V0:2V); <=0.017%(20-20KHz; V0:2V)

S/N: >=102.4dB

Suitable impedances: 16-600 Ohm

Dimensions: 385 x 170 x 80mm(LWH)

Net weight: 4kg

http://www.ornec.com/product/IT/100296

Dec 28, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 9
Many cans today fall into the 32..150 ohm range so I'd definitely keep that in mind when designing a headphone amp. S/N spec'd to .1 dB, now that's brave. Same goes for the -1 dB point at 200 kHz - it is to be hoped that users of this one do not have a strong longwave transmitter anywhere nearby. -1 dB at 40 kHz would be plenty, we're not bats or anything (not to mention that hardly any headphone transducer in this world even remotely hits 100 kHz, let alone 200).

Dec 28, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 9
First: G&W isn't famous for its quality control, there was quite a lot of trouble with parts selection on the G&W TW-J1, also a JFET/MOSFET design, DC-offset calibration wasn't done correctly. The specs look rather similar.

Second: "high definition", "full of transparency" might stand for exaggerated trebles, who knows?
You'd have to buy this amp "blind" and can't audition it with K701s beforehand.

Third: ornec.com is actually knoxed-com, Knoxed Ltd., knoxed.com, estore-nox, you might do a search for "knoxed" on head-fi

Dec 28, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sean-xenos
First: G&W isn't famous for its quality control, there was quite a lot of trouble with parts selection on the G&W TW-J1, also a JFET/MOSFET design, DC-offset calibration wasn't done correctly. The specs look rather similar.

Second: "high definition", "full of transparency" might stand for exaggerated trebles, who knows?

Third: ornec.com is actually knoxed-com, Knoxed Ltd., knoxed.com, estore-nox, you might do a search for "knoxed" on head-fi

I have now the t2.6f (and havet tw-j1). This is excellent amplifier, there are not problem, is perfect (especially t2.6f). The item send with dhl in 2-4 days, i have not never problem with ornec.

This is the message of Mrc Chan about comparison between t2.6f and this new amplifier at f100 for headpone with low impedance:

----MR CHAN---
As I have not got a chance to listen to K701, I can not say which amp is better for them. T2.6F is very neutral amp and can drive headphones with different impedances well. F100 is designed for headphones with low impedance specailly, and it has very impressing dynamic ranges and response and full of liveness. So it is really up to your taste and K701's sound to say which is better for you.
----

Jan 30, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 9
basshead.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by sean-xenos

1. The J1 issue was almost 1 year ago, and I remember Wu Gang's explanation was posted, so why people are still acusing G&W for it?

2. You don't know either, right? As you never listen to one. so how do u know they stand for exaggerated trebles?

BTW the AT in AT-F100 stands for Audio Technica. In China, you can only get this amp from shops of Audio Technica as they use this amp to match their low impedance headphones. So you can imagine how expensive it is in China.

Cheers!

Eric

Jan 30, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 9
Jan 30, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #8 of 9
I don't care about Knoxed and I know many ebay sellers are using this techniques to increase their visibility. What I care about is the product itself, which I think is a great amp for low impedance headphones. I have bought a pair of Audio Technica W1000 and tried them with F100 and no doubt better than with my MF X-Can V3. I also tried CEC HD53 but did not like it as much as F100.

Cheers!

Eric

Jan 30, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox360
Nice specs and all, but you're forgetting the most fundamental part! The price for that baby!
k1000smile.gif

It looks like 198 euros. As mentioned before it looks like a amp targeted at ATs. How it would do with AKGs is anyone's guess. But really, this is where I would have to put my PERSONAL foot down and say even if it sounded like a dynamic version of the Daddy O and cost as much as lint, I wouldn't give business to someone with a known bad reputation specifically targeted against Head-fi, plus being on the same ebay business model as some kid selling his diy cmoy thinking "if i violate ebay rules and post up Headphone names to spam searchers i'll get more hits!" bah.

Edit- why not post up places where we can get this amp that money wouldn't go into Knoxed's pocket then? Odds are the ebay auctions are his too. If G&W is sold out of legit AT dealers in Asia, would you mind linking us to them so we can do the end around on Knoxed? That is, if Knoxed truly has no association with the manufacture or ownership of this company, and is just an unscrupulous dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back