FYI: HE90 (w/Pics!) (Large Images)
Feb 8, 2007 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 84

neilvg

Headphoneus Supremus
So I get the familiar 'missed package' slip. Luckily I'm chill with the local FedEx guy, so he calls me up and I go pick up the 'package'. I actually had no idea what it could be:

HE901.jpg

So of course I open it, duh:

HE902.jpg

And then I remember!

HE903.jpg

And Further Investigation yields I was correct:

HE904.jpg

Why am I showing these pics to you? Because what I want some people out there to know is that there were at least 300 HE90's made. I think at last count, those which are currently 'known' about here at headfi make up for about 30 or 40. There are at least 250 HE90's out there. This is proof! Another one out of the woodwork from Hungary. Why did I get this HE90? Not for me! (I am tempted! haha!) It is for a friend who has been looking for one for a while. I truly love the HE90 sound and I think it is a SHAME that we cannot get these both in larger quantity and of course, more affordably. So, I culled my investigative skills, and found one. So too can you... just widen yours eyes beyond the US.

LastPic.jpg

What did I get out of the deal? Two new headpads!
blink.gif
orphsmile.gif

lastest_Pic.jpg

Note: My picture taking skills are hilariously bad. Sorry.

Neil

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 84
I would speculate upwards of 330 pairs were made in total.

I received this talking to knowledgeable person:
“Of course Jan had them new for 5K but that was direct from Sennhesier to him. The dealers in the USA and their customers had to pay considerably more for them...”

I’m assuming the last sentence means that there were more made than Jan received but they were more expensive. Heck weren’t the HE90’s almost $1000 more in Europe direct from Jan due to the VAT?

You’re right about making the effort and being rewarded. I know a member who several years ago brought in upwards of 10 pairs of HP1000 headphones. They posted 1000’s of wanted ads and looked every where. But the effort paid off for them and they were able to locate more HP1000’s than you could imagine.

There are people who bought the Orpheus system when it came out and haven’t kept up on current events or demand.

2.JPG

I put the headphones on. Looks like the day is toast.

Mitch

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 84
I like the shredded paper packing
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put the headphones on. Looks like the day is toast.
Mitch

So true... so true. =)

Neil

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 84
No headphone has given me as much joy as the HE90. I remember when I first put them on -- it made me very happy.
biggrin.gif

Out of curiosity: is it 'easy' to pop off the cups like that?

Speaking of which, does Sennheiser still sell HE90 headband pad replacements? Or did you find those after a lot of searching?

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 84
Let me get something straight. You simply bought a friend an HE90, because "they were looking for one"????!

Hey, want to be friends with me? BTW, I am not mentioning this for any particular reason, but I am looking for an HE90, if you happen to spot one...

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Out of curiosity: is it 'easy' to pop off the cups like that?

Speaking of which, does Sennheiser still sell HE90 headband pad replacements? Or did you find those after a lot of searching?

The cups can be popped off very easily. These headphones are best shipped with at least one cup off so as to avoid stress to them while shipping. You wouldn't want to accidentally break that little circular mount on the side of the earcups.

The pads took me a LONG time to find. Over 1 year to get them. I think Senn still has some but for a very high price and long wait times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Let me get something straight. You simply bought a friend an HE90, because "they were looking for one"????!

I didn't say I 'bought' it for my friend. I just found it and had it shipped to me. I am an importer!
cool.gif

Neil

Feb 9, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #9 of 84
You all make me sick with jelousy
tongue.gif
orphsmile.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #11 of 84
You need to take off the band to get to the circular discs because the two micro screws can and will fall out. The screw is a phillips and smaller than any precision I have ever seen. I had to use a precision flat head to tighten the screw without stripping it. Perhaps a little glyptol or Locktite would stop the screw from loosening, because if you lose one, good luck finding a similar one and if not, of course then your "screwed".

Feb 9, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #13 of 84
Do you now have THREE HE90s in the same location?

That's not even cool anymore - it's just sad...

orphsmile.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #14 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you now have THREE HE90s in the same location?

That's not even cool anymore - it's just sad...

orphsmile.gif

Hahaha... no comment! No, actually I moved one of the HE90/HEV90 combo's to the Saratoga studio to finish mixing my latest project. Leeav, you should come check it out, the vox are being recorded in India as we speak and hopefully I'll be able to add them to the mix next week.

Neil

Feb 9, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #15 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I go pick up the 'package'. I actually had no idea what it could be.

You ordered that and forgot about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back