FYI: Grado SR 225's new @ 134.99
Sep 13, 2003 at 12:21 AM Post #136 of 176
Argh, the HD580 deal seems appealing...but they were actually sold at Newegg for $150 before so that makes them far less appealing than what I was intending to receive. I still say, if you want to change the order, fight for free, fast shipping. Otherwise, convince them to try to honor the deals.

Sep 13, 2003 at 1:06 AM Post #137 of 176
I got the cancellation message, and took them up on the HD-580... despite a few complaints around here about veiling and such, they're clearly good phones and $140 shipped is a nice price for a brand new HD-580 (not as good as the SR225 would have been at that price, but that's OK). Anyway, I've been wanting something for classical/acoustic and the HD580 was up there on my list of "wanteds" along with the 225.

Unless someone can prove otherwise, I "blame" this entirely on Grado (no reason to disbelieve AcousticSound's explanation), and the result will be my lack of Grado ownership (and quite probably the lack of desire ever to own or recommend anything from the Grado lineup again).

Team Grado SR, Goodbye...
wink.gif

P.S. I'd bet the shirt off my back that at least one AcousticSounds rep has been following this thread. Anyone from AS want to chime in definitively on this?

Sep 13, 2003 at 1:40 AM Post #138 of 176
Seems to me that AcousticSounds may go for something like a bonus coupon if suggested to them that works like this and saves face and customers. Buy 225's at regular Grado authorized price. Get bonus credit for $60 bucks to use on your next purchase. Not as sweet but legit solution....

Sep 13, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #139 of 176
I personally find these "bait and switch" practices un-acceptable. If an offer for particular product for a price is made, and the offer is accepted which it has been, I have confirmation of my purchase. I expect the deal to followed through on. I don't want another pair of Sennheiser headphones, I already have some 600's, "I want what I have in good faith ordered, at the price I agreed on! I don't why these "on-line" retailers think that they exempt from the practices that govern other retailers. "Bait and switch" is illegal in most states in the US, and I mean to follow up on this. I don't know what the outcome will be, but I mean to follow up!

- augustwest

Sep 13, 2003 at 1:57 AM Post #140 of 176
Quote:

Originally posted by augustwest
I personally find these "bait and switch" practices un-acceptable. If an offer for particular product for a price is made, and the offer is accepted which it has been, I have confirmation of my purchase. I expect the deal to followed through on. I don't want another pair of Sennheiser headphones, I already have some 600's, "I want what I have in good faith ordered, at the price I agreed on! I don't why these "on-line" retailers think that they exempt from the practices that govern other retailers. "Bait and switch" is illegal in most states in the US, and I mean to follow up on this. I don't know what the outcome will be, but I mean to follow up!

- augustwest

Relax man, I highly doubt this was a bait-and-switch tactic. AcousticSounds is a reputable dealer, not one of those cheeseball Internet fly-by-nights. Would you have been happier if they'd just cancelled your order with a form letter explaining how they're not responsible for typographical errors? If so, you're probably in the minority.

Why not just Email or telephone them -- ask them to cancel your order and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to do so.

Sep 13, 2003 at 1:58 AM Post #141 of 176
Quote:

- augustwest

I don't think bait & switch applies here. It was a misprint and they're attempting to make good on it. Which they don't have to do as their policies state they are not responsible for misprints... They could have just outright cancelled every order that came in for that incorrect price.

Sep 13, 2003 at 2:34 AM Post #142 of 176
Quote:

Originally posted by Xanadu777
Seems to me that AcousticSounds may go for something like a bonus coupon if suggested to them that works like this and saves face and customers. Buy 225's at regular Grado authorized price. Get bonus credit for $60 bucks to use on your next purchase. Not as sweet but legit solution....

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not about to pay $200 + shipping even with included "store credit." If I'd wanted the SR-225 at $200, I would have bought them before... and it's possible I may never want or need that store credit.

Actually, I think their offer of the HD580 at $135 is pretty darn good. If it doesn't please some people... just cancel, you're not losing anything. Look out tho, here come the pissing, moaning and whining...
rolleyes.gif

Sep 13, 2003 at 3:01 AM Post #144 of 176
I'm sorry if I offended your easy going manner "FEWTCH", but reputable is as reputable does. This is not the action of a reputable retail dealer. As far as trying to blame Grado for their un-willingness to sell the phones at the advertisied price, "fair trade" laws have been abolished many years ago. A manufacture can not tell a retailer what price to put on a product. It is known as restraint of trade. Witness Levis's vs. the state of CA, a few years back, to name one case. What makes you think I would want a $60.00 credit from a company that engages in this sort of selling? What makes you think that I would want to do future business with this sort of operation! . . . . . "HIGHWAYSTAR" brought up the best point, they should have just cancelled the order, instead of offering the bogus switch to another product, that would be more in keeping with a reputable retailer.

Sep 13, 2003 at 3:14 AM Post #145 of 176
This is insane but I just saw this thread for the first time. Who's been hiding it from me?
tongue.gif
Now all is clear about 225s mentioned in other threads.

Sep 13, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #146 of 176
Um, Augustwest, I'm sure if you want to cancel your order, you are more than able to. It's not like they're making you buy the HD580 or HD590 in place of the SR225. Besides, given some people have received them at the discounted price, I'm sure their was an issue with Grado being willing to allow Acoustic Sounds to sell them at the lower price. If you don't think that's possible, take a look around the web and see that Grado headphones have very little room for change, meanwhile Sennheiser, Sony, AKG maybe, many other headhpone manufacturers have very wide price ranges where some stores sell them at MSRP, some sell for much lower (HD280 especially).

Sep 13, 2003 at 3:41 AM Post #147 of 176
I got the same email, and now I'm curious as to what exactly Grado's minimum allowed price is. I wrote Acoustic Sounds to ask if there was a middle ground, pricewise, at which they'd be willing to sell the 225s. Who knows, maybe it would still be a bargain. If not, I guess I'm back to square one...

Sep 13, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #148 of 176
Quote:

I'm sorry if I offended your easy going manner "FEWTCH", but reputable is as reputable does. This is not the action of a reputable retail dealer. As far as trying to blame Grado for their un-willingness to sell the phones at the advertisied price, "fair trade" laws have been abolished many years ago. A manufacture can not tell a retailer what price to put on a product. It is known as restraint of trade. Witness Levis's vs. the state of CA, a few years back, to name one case. What makes you think I would want a $60.00 credit from a company that engages in this sort of selling? What makes you think that I would want to do future business with this sort of operation! . . . . . "HIGHWAYSTAR" brought up the best point, they should have just cancelled the order, instead of offering the bogus switch to another product, that would be more in keeping with a reputable retailer.

Yeah! Let's get pissed when a company doesn't come through when we knowingly tried to take advantage of an obvious misprint. Damn them!

Its seems to me like they have tried everything to make you whiners happy but its not good enough. Just cancel your damn orders and shut up.

And believe it or not, there are reputable companies out there that would HONOR another campany's request not to sell at too low of a price, even if they didn't have to legally. I'm sure Acoustic Sounds wants to maintain good relations with the people who supply their products- more so than with a few babies the head-fi forums.

Sep 13, 2003 at 4:44 AM Post #149 of 176
i am calling grado tomorrow and get the accurate information. (about the first quality thing) then i will think about what i will do with www.almostmusic.com . i know there are folks here who bought pairs from them. what do you say? did you guys call them too?
well, according to people so far, i think i was simply duped. i will figure out what to do. please give me suggestions. (yeah, consumer rights!)
am i too naive to survive in this cruel world?
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back