FYI: Grado SR 225's new @ 134.99
Sep 12, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #122 of 176
Do they look/sound like second-quality?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Heh.

Sep 12, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #123 of 176
To all the people who received cancellation emails: when EXACTLY did you order your 225 (time and date from confirmation email)? I ordered mine at 12:45 AM on September 6. I have not received any cancellation email, YET. Yes, I understand you guys are angry (I will be too if they cancel my order), but I don't think their action is a result of any fear of loss of profits; I believe Grado simply couldn't supply AcousticSounds with the amount they needed to fulfill all the orders (which we know from USC's poll is at least 23). AcousticSounds even encouraged people to buy at that rate, which indicated that they truly believed Grado would come through with the inventory. I hope they don't have to cancel too many orders, as that would hurt the relationship they forged with our community. However, the blame cannot be rested solely on AcousticSounds - in this case Grado is also an accessory to the crime.
frown.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #124 of 176
I had cancelled my order yesterday evening. I had order them last Saturday morining around 10. I got the same email today.

Sep 12, 2003 at 10:37 PM Post #125 of 176
Actually the reason is as implied in the e-mail, Grado dealers have pretty strict limits as to what they can offer as far as discounts. This is why you won't see hardly any price fluctuation amongst authorized dealers.

I realized that I was trying to look for a term that doesn't sound like "price fixing", but hey...thats pretty much what it is.

Sep 12, 2003 at 10:37 PM Post #126 of 176
I ordered mine in the afternoon of last Saturday. Oh well, it's too bad that I already have some HD580's or else I'd jump on that offer. Still, it's a pretty good price for those Senns. I got mine used for almost the same price.

Sep 12, 2003 at 10:42 PM Post #127 of 176
You know, I'm not mad that they cancelled the order. I'm just mad that they waited so long to do it. I ordered on sat. @ 10:15 am they've had all week to tell me that they couldn't fufill my order. Leading me on is what pisses me off
mad.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 11:09 PM Post #129 of 176
Oh no, I placed my order on the phone on saturday. Nobody has called me to cancel, but Im afraid they will.
I really want to be the luckiest Head-fi nOOblet
frown.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 11:46 PM Post #130 of 176
I don't know about you guys, but I am mad and annoyed (I guess this is what great anticipation turns into...for a specific set of phones). I e-mailed her back saying that I can change to the HD580, but that free shipping/faster shipping for discount price would probably heal some of the wounds. If more people do so, then it might just happen.

Sep 12, 2003 at 11:52 PM Post #131 of 176
I emailed them and said they had pissed off several of the Head-Fi community and mentioned something about shooting themselves in the foot.

Sep 13, 2003 at 12:08 AM Post #133 of 176
Quote:

Originally posted by Jonny Quest
I still do want a new set of cans. I have the sr-60's and love them so anyone think that the sr-60 -> hd590 jump is a good one, or am I better off just getting the 225's from somewhere else?

If you like the Grado sound hold out for the 225s. Maybe email them and say no way I WANT MY GRADOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back