FYI: Grado SR 225's new @ 134.99
Sep 11, 2003 at 11:02 PM Post #91 of 176
Quote:

Originally posted by acs236
Mine still says only "order received." I placed the order on 9/6. Anyone have an update?

That's what my order says also. I think they're waiting to get some more in before they charge the credit card.

Sep 12, 2003 at 3:57 AM Post #94 of 176
My order was received at 12:45 AM on Sep. 6. Mine also says "order received," but they haven't even charged my credit card yet. I'm sure the deal will go through; they were just overwhelmed by the massive response (they should thank Head-Fi for the sales).
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 3:58 AM Post #95 of 176
Quote:

Originally posted by NeilPeart
(they should thank Head-Fi for the sales).
smily_headphones1.gif

or hate them for capitalizing on their mistake
tongue.gif
(well i guess if they're making money it's all good)

Sep 12, 2003 at 6:36 AM Post #96 of 176
okay, I purchased my pair from www.almostmusic.com and they had the lowest price guarrantee. so, as i found this new deal, i called them.

but they said that they would give me a refund if the sr-225 from the acousticsounds was the first quality grado product. and according to almostmusic.com, it was not.

i honestly don't know if the guy there was BS'ing me or something. but he claimed, sr-225 that acousticsounds carried was the second quality phones and that was why they showed the regular price as $150. (he said $150 is the price of the second quality sr-225 set by grado. so discount to $134 bucks was reasonable.)

i think someone who ordered a pair from acousticsounds should call up and check.
(well, if i was being bs'ed, i will spread the words.)
(the mistake theory is as persuasive as www.almostmusic.com 's story.)

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:09 AM Post #97 of 176
They don't make two quality levels of the same model. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, and it was just a scumbag way for the customer service guy to weasel out of the price match thing.

The "second quality" 225's have a name. They're the 125's.

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:18 AM Post #98 of 176
Nicorette (great name by the way), ask Almostmusic what they meant by their statements. Like destro713 said, it's insane. But the big question is... why would you call your company Almostmusic?

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:26 AM Post #99 of 176
The reason the price was so low was because the SR-225's price was posted at the SR-125's price. Once they discovered the mistake and noticed the huge response, they had 2 choices: fix the error and cancel all the orders or fix the error and keep the current orders. They chose the latter to improve sales and foster goodwill among Head-Fi members and other audio enthusiast. The increase of sales alone makes up for the lower profit margins, and the trust they forged with the community is a priceless benefit.

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:28 AM Post #100 of 176
they said, the second quality phones are kinda like refurbrished goods?
the best place we can ask would be, Grado.
i do not care about the money refund or the lowest price guarantee anymore. they said they got a lot of phone calls because of this $134.99 deal and if they bs'ed every single customer, i just want to bring them a bad reputation. (but so far, i have to state that their service was great and we are not sure if they bs'ed any customer.)
but, i am not sure yet. so i should check and check and check.

let me quote what their website says about their lowest price guarantee.
"
* Lowest price guarantee applies to all Advertised Prices from Authorized Dealers of Grado Products. We will pay you $20.00 if we can't match or beat their price. Limit one payout per family. Offer good on "in stock" items only. Members or employees of Grado or Almost Music may not participate. Offer is good on new first quality products only. Valid only in the 48 U.S. states. The $20.00 payout to you will only be paid if you purchase a Grado product from Almost Music. Offer not good with any other discounts, coupons or specials. Florida residents must pay 6.5% sales tax.
"

http://www.almostmusic.com/grado/grado_headphones.htm

someone should check with grado since i am moving into my college dorm tomorrow and won't have a time during the day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:56 AM Post #103 of 176
Nicorette, that guy is either insane or the smartest person we know. Could you please ask him why I continually have dating problems and why the U.S. is disliked by so many other nations. Hell, please have him post diagrams of String Theory. I'm still a little confused by that.

Sep 12, 2003 at 8:56 AM Post #104 of 176
Grado factory worker: "So, boss, should I start making quality headphones as usual?"

Grado factory manager: "No. Today you should be extra-sloppy and use inferior parts. This batch is going to be second quality, because I want to soil our good reputation for some reason."

Grado factory worker: "OK, sounds good. Hey, do you remember where we keep the bin full of second quality SR 225 drivers?"

Grado factory manager: "Yeah, they're right over there, in that pile of garbage."

Later...

Almost Music sales rep: "We would like to place a wholesale order of Grados... but is it possible that you could sell us a really crappy batch?"

Grado customer service: "Sure. We can send a batch of second quality headphones right away."

Almost Music sales rep: Well, that's really a lifesaver, because selling bad products and making less profit on them is good for business for some reason.

Sep 12, 2003 at 9:05 AM Post #105 of 176
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
hahah destro ur a comic.

I've heard of companies selling refurbed or factory second products (i.e. Sony), which usually just have a dented box or a minor scratch on the unit etc

but I'm still trying to grasp the concept of "second" quality... as opposed to first quality or maybe even third quality? Do companies deliberately go out of their ways to make ****tier versions of the same product just for the hell of it? It's really interesting how far a sales rep will go to confuse a consumer into buying from their place.

I had a sort of similiar thing happen to me once, lookin around at the sony md's in Sony Central and I ask one of the sales guys if I could have a little squiz at one of the units, they told me they had no batteries so I offered to use my own (which btw is an aftermarket non branded gumstick battery). Once the sales guy saw the battery he immediately told me that it wouldn't work because it wasn't a sony battery.... to which I proved him completely wrong. Dont ask me why I posted that , just a little ranting from me I guess... still waiting on these grado's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back