FYI: ADDIEM available from reputable seller on ebay for $35
Sep 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

thekid22

100+ Head-Fier
I know a lot of people have been looking for ADDIEMs for the previously cheap prices on ebay.

you're in luck: 7Dime, a seller who has sold to many other headfiers, has listed "more than 10" for sale for $35 each.
Apple In-Ear Headphones with remote and mic-Genuin - eBay (item 150373325670 end time Oct-15-09 12:56:39 PDT)

I'd note to be wary of those listed from eugenethe11great (in my sample size of 1) the pair I received didn't sound great, the skip/reverse function didn't work, and they came with the wrong assortment eartips. That said, he gave me a very prompt refund and many others have left positive feedback, so I may have received a dud, bad refurb, or broken pair.

and no, I'm not 7dime, but I had been looking for a while, so was excited to find them.

Sep 15, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 13
also, if you go there via BING.com you can get 8% off!

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 13
props for the tip and vouches. been looking for these on the 'bays for a while, and 7Dime's price of $37.99 for a non-new pair was perfect for me. And a wonderful bonus with the bing.com 8% back! v. excited!

FYI, prices seem to have crept up slightly across the board. $44 for "new", $37 for "used".

for those who already bought from 7dime, how long did shipping take?
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #6 of 13
It's very unlikely you'll get warranty coverage or any mfr support when buying from eBay, unless it's from a legit reseller that also happens to sell thru their store on eBay (like Buy.com, etc).

So being able to buy something at 1/2 price may be very attractive, but unless you can confirm in advance with the mfr that you'll get full warranty coverage, then you're at the mercy of whatever return policy is offered by that particular eBay seller. If they cover it for 4 weeks, but it poops out in 5, then suddenly it's maybe not such a great deal.

Buying from a legit channel, rather than simply on price, has advantages.

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tacitapproval /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Numerous reports that Apple store will back these up, no questions asked. So, while your advise is certainly generally sound, it may not be so much in this particular case.
icon10.gif

Interesting to know, and surprising they would be that loose. But in that case, perhaps it becomes of an ethical issue.

I used to have a neighbor who was the manager of a (Macy's?) shoe dept. He used to pull his hair out over the kind of stuff that people would return -- shoes that were clearly used for several years, shoes that weren't even sold there, etc. But those were the rules, so nothing he could do about it but refund them (how they determined the price in those cases is a mystery), and watch the company profits walk out the door.

/soapbox

Sep 18, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #10 of 13
I am curious about the apple store covering these.

Has anyone personally had ADDIEMs bought on ebay fixed/replaced by the apple store if something happens?

especially the refurbs. i'm probably going to go for a pair of refurbished ones.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #11 of 13
Got my authentic ADDIEMs yesterday from 7dime. Very quick delivery. They were $37 "used". The case is really scratched up, but the phones look & feel brand new (?!). Phones were wrapped up in the case, and two sets of tips in the capsule thingy. Not very happy with the stock tips, so I'll try on a couple others (sony hybrids 1st) and see what happens.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #12 of 13
Also, if you like foamies, the T140s or T130s from Comply are good. Only hassle with Sony hybrids is the sound tube is a little larger than needed, so sometimes they come off in your ear, a pain. Also, be very careful because the mesh filters can come unscrewed and will fall out and get lost. Keep them screwed in tight. I have one pair with a filter missing, and getting a replacement from Apple is a pain. You have to take them to the Genius Bar so they can order them for you. I kid you not.

Also, I've purchased from 7Dime many times, and they are real B box phones. Meaning someone returned them with little use.

To other potential buyers, I would stay away from the refurbed ADDIEMs. The ones from 7Dime are like new, though classified as used. I think that is a better option.

So far, I have not tested the "no questions asked" return issue because none of the ADDIEMs I have purchased (8 pair in all) have gone bad (fingers crossed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back