FX77 worth upgrade to FX55?
Sep 24, 2007 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sephora

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Been loving my JVC FX55 (stupid long cord) for a while, thanks to recommendations off this board long ago.

Gave the EP630s a try recently, but just couldn't get used to it. Didn't fit well (had to use FX55 tips) and I didn't think the SQ was appreciably better than FX55s.

So, would the FX77 be noticeable improvement? I know there are some JVC fans out there. Any comments appreciated.

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #2 of 8
well, the freshest thing out of JVC are the FX66, which are supposobly affected by the "good" design of the FX33 which are loved in this forum (no idea as to why, both pairs i had sounded very harsh), maybe wait a bit and see,

the FX77 and 55 arent discussed very much in the forum becuase its widly considered that a pair of modded FX33 are superior, but then again, i fail to see it,

Sep 27, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 8
i said that people around the forum say so, theres even a FX33 mod thread,

personaly i think it sounds like someone scraping the inside of your ears,

Sep 27, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 8
Honestly, I couldn't tell much of a difference between my modded and unmodded marshmallows. The only major advantage was the comfort the foam shure tips had compared to the original JVC tips.

But I'm also thinking of getting a pair of FX77...the metal-ness looks really nice and it's only going to cost me a little more than a new pair of marshmallows (mine broke recently).

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #6 of 8
I have the FX-77 and FX-33 and the FX-77 are definitely an upgrade over the FX-33. Think, the same sound signature but much more controlled.

Sep 28, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 8
The FX77 are an upgrade but do have significantly more bass. So they don't share the same sound signature. You may like more bass or you can EQ the bass down and they will start to sound more like an improved FX55.

Or you can save up some cash and buy the FX300 when they come out.
http://translate.google.com/translat...ial%26hs%3DpXP

Sep 28, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 8
I've been loving my FX33's with Orange Foamies (Large). I'll be watching this thread to read others review/comparison of the other FX models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back