Fx-Audio X6 distorted mids issue
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mudriroli

New Head-Fier
Hello guys!

I hope this is the correct forum for this thread.

First of all thank you in advance for anyone who can or trying to help. I have got an FX-Audio X6 and it is distorting the mids, people talking for example (I'm very noob in the topic :)) Do you know if it can be solved by changing the power adapter, as I've seen a few people did this before with this dac/amp, or perhaps the USB cable? The rest, bass and highs are sounding great, just the mids, especially noticable when people talking, for example on Discord is distorting. Tried with different jack adapters, no change, also tried to plug in a different power socket or connecting the USB to a different port, but no change unfortunately. Also tried the headphones (DT770 Pro 80) in the jack port on the laptop, it doesn't distort there.

Do you perhaps have any idea what is the issue, or how can it be solved?

Thank you in advance for everyone! :)

Jul 11, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 5
Hello

I sold it because I could not find the issue. The guy I sold it to disassembled it and replaced the OPA which solved the issue. I do not know at all what this means as he’s an electrician or something, but he told me it is a black module with 8 “legs or stands”, located just behind the volume knob.

This is all the information I have unfortunately, still I hope it proves useful to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back