FX Audio DAC-X6 vs O2 ODAC amplifier
Apr 19, 2022 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nofacemonster

100+ Head-Fier
Will i hear a difference if i compare their sound....? i already own the FX Audio DAC-X6 and i am using it with my HD6XX, I have a chance of buying the O2 ODAC, question is will it make a big difference in the sound compared to DAC-X6?

or i should wait (save) and buy a better newer amplifier for HD6XX?

Apr 22, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 4
You won't hear any major differences so it would be a sidegrade at best. The DAC on the FX is very meh with tons of distortion compared to the O2 ODAC, but unless you hear it going with something else for now is probably not your best option. My suggestion is to first spend money on well-recorded music and then a new set of headphones.

Apr 24, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 4
You won't hear any major differences so it would be a sidegrade at best. The DAC on the FX is very meh with tons of distortion compared to the O2 ODAC, but unless you hear it going with something else for now is probably not your best option. My suggestion is to first spend money on well-recorded music and then a new set of headphones.
Thanks for the information. I might keep an eye on for good headphone amplifier (solid state) that can drive HD6XX well. I already have the Little Mk 2 with upgraded tubes hooked to SMSL M100 MK2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back