Fuze model number question.
Oct 31, 2010 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kun

New Head-Fier

Hello Fuze owners.
This is what I got after lurking through the internet for v1 Fuzes.

Quote:
Also,

V1 Fuzes will have a model number ending with "A70" -e.g. SDMX14R-008GS-A70
V2 Fuzes will have a model number ening with "A57" -e.g. SDMX14R-008GS-A57

Saw this in Rockbox forum.

Can anyone confirm how reliable by comparing this 2 numbers are? I've seen some model numbers ends with xx-E75 even. ( Fuze v3?
tongue_smile.gif
)
All that I know is the difference between Exx and Axx where E stands for European models.

I've been asking sellers around ebay and amazon if they can tell me the Fuze's firmware version, but no response.
If this is 'model number=firmware version' is true, my hunt for v1 fuze on the net would be much easier.(hopefully) 
smile_phones.gif

Oct 31, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 4
As far as I know, the only way to truly know is to turn the Fuze on.

IMO, there's no longer any need to look for a V1 Fuze.....Rockbox is now stable on the V2, and if you must use an amp, the headphone out is nice and clean, and works just fine with an external amp.

Oct 31, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 4
But the latest rockbox build for v1 now supports LOD.Been reading through multiple threads & posts on using a LOD on Fuze. The positive impressions..rockbox..I find it really hard to resist.
tongue.gif

but if I can't seem to get anything from the classified section within this few days..I guess I'll just take the chance and order me self the refurbished one then.

Oct 31, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
But the latest rockbox build for v1 now supports LOD.Been reading through multiple threads & posts on using a LOD on Fuze. The positive impressions..rockbox..I find it really hard to resist.
tongue.gif

but if I can't seem to get anything from the classified section within this few days..I guess I'll just take the chance and order me self the refurbished one then.

I understand what you are saying with the LOD support.....I'm just saying the LOD is not a necessity to enjoy the player with an amp and Rockbox. Maybe an LOD can make it a little bit better, but it will still be good even using the headphone-out. Plus, buying a V1, if you do find one, means much less battery life in Rockbox than a V2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back