Fuze+ for 25$ good deal or bad?
Sep 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

18scsc

New Head-Fier
One of my friends recently got a Samsung Galaxy s2, now he has an extra Sandisk Fuze+ (8 gigs of storage) that he agreed to give me for 25$. After doing some research around here it became apparent that the Fuze+ is kind of a subpar source player. Keeping in mind that I'll be listening to it through un-amped AM-90s (not exactly hifi), do you think I should jump on the deal or not? If not what source player would be better for <30$?

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
One of my friends recently got a Samsung Galaxy s2, now he has an extra Sandisk Fuze+ (8 gigs of storage) that he agreed to give me for 25$. After doing some research around here it became apparent that the Fuze+ is kind of a subpar source player. Keeping in mind that I'll be listening to it through un-amped AM-90s (not exactly hifi), do you think I should jump on the deal or not? If not what source player would be better for <30$?

It's not a bad-sounding player, but the touch controls will make you want to smash it with a sledgehammer....

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #3 of 7
The touch controls coupled with the sluggishness of the entire UI make it a total fail. Pass on it,...

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
The touch controls coupled with the sluggishness of the entire UI make it a total fail. Pass on it,...

Even for 25$? I mean that's pretty damn cheap. As for the slughishness, I dont know if this is the case with the Fuze+ but I do know that many phones/mp3 players use flash RAM as storage, which slows them down when you get tons of stuff on it. If it is the case then I would just need to buy like a 16gb microSD or something to remedy that problem. 

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Even for 25$? I mean that's pretty damn cheap. As for the slughishness, I dont know if this is the case with the Fuze+ but I do know that many phones/mp3 players use flash RAM as storage, which slows them down when you get tons of stuff on it. If it is the case then I would just need to buy like a 16gb microSD or something to remedy that problem. 

I owned the fuze+, and it was horrid. Put music on it and it does slow down. Put a micro sd card in it and it's unbearable.

But, I'm thinking your already convinced about getting this. Why waste our time asking opinions then? It's a piece of poop, and it's priced accordingly. Buy it at your own risk,...it's your $$$ - simple as that.

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

The sluggishness can be remedied by Rockbox, but nothing can be done about the touchpad controls.....last time I used mine I almost threw it against a wall....lol.

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
The sluggishness can be remedied by Rockbox, but nothing can be done about the touchpad controls.....last time I used mine I almost threw it against a wall....lol.

Quote:
I owned the fuze+, and it was horrid. Put music on it and it does slow down. Put a micro sd card in it and it's unbearable.
But, I'm thinking your already convinced about getting this. Why waste our time asking opinions then? It's a piece of poop, and it's priced accordingly. Buy it at your own risk,...it's your $$$ - simple as that.

Hmm, if the slugishness can be solved by Rockbox... I think I'll see if he will let me try it out for a few days, If I decide I don't like I'll give it back and go buy a clip. 

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back