Futuristic sounding music...
Mar 5, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #16 of 34
If any of you watch the BBC tv show Top Gear, their soundtracks tend to have a lot of very futuristic sounding music and its a great way of exposing yourself to more variety too

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 34
for the classic "futuristic" sound, you'll want to look at some older synth/techno/electronic music. Kraftwerk would be a good place to start, and then Tangarine dream maybe.
Im 99% sure this is the type of stuff you mean.

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #18 of 34
The Knife - Silent Shout

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by rkb2948 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any one have any recommendations for futuristic sounding music? Kinda vague but something that if you were to close your eyes you'd envision yourself floating in space. Something with synths maybe...if you've played phantasy star online, some of the songs there kind of sound like what I'm looking for.

...yeah that's pretty out there

thanks if you can offer any recommendations.

look at Frank Klepacki, Bruce Haack, Orbital, Aphex Twin, and watch MoS releases from time to time

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #23 of 34
Future Sound of London - Lifeforms
Future Sound of London - Dead Cities

Pretty much any Autechre (though this isn't easy to listen to - very rewarding)

Some Monolake is fairly futuristic too (check out Cinemascope)

I love futuristic music ...mmm.

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As MaZa said, it's ambient you want.

Try all albums by Ionosphere, Murcof's 'Cosmos', Steve Roach's 'The Magnificent Void', Robert Rich's 'Below Zero' and maybe some Troum or Oophoi (not familiar enough with either to give specific recommendations).

Post what you like so far of the recommendations and we'll be able to help you more.

Excellent choices. I forgot about Robert Rich!

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Phantasy Star Online's got a pretty good soundtrack itself, you know.
wink.gif

I'm not the only one!

Hmm if you're looking for futuristic music...
Amon Tobin (used EVERYWHERE btw)
VNV Nation
Kraftwerk (cannot call yourself an electronic fan without Kraftwerk)
!!!
Covenant
Vitalic
De/Vision

Apr 8, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #27 of 34
Apr 8, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #28 of 34
Maybe try some Brain Eno. Music for Airports is easy to like.

Try some contemporary "Classical" music if you wan to be more adventurous. Agree with the Steve Reich, John Adams recommendations made earlier in the thread. I would add Vasks and Rautavarra.

Amazon can give you a quick taste of any of the above.

Apr 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #30 of 34
Jean Michelle Jarre - Oxygene

Oxygène - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oxygène is an album of instrumental electronic music composed, produced, and performed by the French composer Jean Michel Jarre. It was released in 1976 on Disques Dreyfus and licensed to Polydor. Jarre recorded the album in his home using a variety of analog synthesizers and other electronic instruments and effects. It became a bestseller and was highly influential in the development of electronic music. It has been described as the album that "led the synthesizer revolution of the Seventies."[2]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back