Future Sonics Atrio vs Custom
Feb 6, 2010 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

insano768

New Head-Fier
So, I'm really getting curious about custom Future Sonics for live stage monitoring. What are my chances of getting a good feel for them by bying Atrios and then maybe selling them?

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm somewhat curious about this as well. I've looked, and just can't seem to find many reviews on futuresonics customs. I guess not many people have them.

Atrios are pretty amazing though.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 7
So today I got an email reply from David Gray at Future Sonics answering some of my questions. Obviously had the normal marketing hat on, but pushed the dynamic vs ba concept.

He also challenged me to get a pair of the Atrios to get a feel for the sound signature and then take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee if i ddin't like them or chose to upgrade to customs.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 7
David is an awesome guy. He helped me with my FS customs and I met the man at NAMM too! With the 30day money back guarantee you don't have much to lose except a couple of bucks on shipping. I came from using armatures and will stay away from armatures now because it just cannot reproduce bass frequencies as naturally and the way i like it. I have the Atrios too and i can tell you the customs sound very similar to the atrios except for interchangeable air vents (for more or less bass) and much better isolation.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #7 of 7
^ Oh I think you are the first to have these in Head-Fi (soorry if I missed others who have these...).

Are you going to do a review on them? I am very intereted in this dynamic-driver customs too. I've read that dynamic driver produce more accurate timbre, and of course excellent bass.

Loving my IE8
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back