Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Jun 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #886 of 1,216
Quote:
To the people that use the ZO2, how much better do the MG7 sound compared to using a FiiO E6 or E11?  I'm thinking of getting a ZO2 but I want to know how the mids and highs sound because I already know it the make the bass hit hard.

Others have commented that they prefer the sonics of the Fiio E11 over the Zo2, but I'm not one of them. I am in awe of this combination and don't notice any dropoff in quality of the mids and highs when using the ZO2. I own both amps and love both, and I think you'd be happy with either. But there are things the ZO2 does with the low end that the Fiio can't do, obviously. I'm not even a bass head, but I'm addicted to the ZO2 for both music and movies. I was really afraid it would just make the low end like certain types of equalization tends to do...it doesn't at all. It maintains the same quality of bass that is on the recording and just takes it to another level. My favorite movie demo is the first fifteen mins of Serenity. It will blow your mind. 

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #890 of 1,216
So atrio.me doesn't ship to Australia?

Guess I won't be buying the Atrios. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #891 of 1,216
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

I don't think so. You can always buy them for $199 in Australia if you want warranty support. Haha yes imo it's not worth it. I ended up returning mine about 5 months after buying them for a store credit, because they failed on me and then Future Sonics sent me back a faulty replacement that didn't work properly and was worn out.

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #892 of 1,216
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

They're always up on the boards here for far better prices than we get in Australia. Personally I wouldn't pay $199 for them. I'd be lucky to pay $79 for them  being generous lol. Sorry but they really weren't my cuppa tae Atrio M5. I remember A/Bing them with some other IEM's in their price range and......*cough* *nothing special*......oh well I"m sure some people love them.

Here's a US sale I found quickly. It's been up a while, he may ship them for you.  
smile.gif

Hippo VB is a very good contender alternative. Jaben Audio Australia have them for $79 
wink.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #893 of 1,216
Quote:
They're always up on the boards here for far better prices than we get in Australia. Personally I wouldn't pay $199 for them. I'd be lucky to pay $79 for them  being generous lol. Sorry but they really weren't my cuppa tae Atrio M5. I remember A/Bing them with some other IEM's in their price range and......*cough* *nothing special*......oh well I"m sure some people love them.

Here's a US sale I found quickly. It's been up a while, he may ship them for you.  
smile.gif

Hippo VB is a very good contender alternative. Jaben Audio Australia have them for $79 
wink.gif

Can you imagine I paid like $299 for the older Atrio M5 v2 a few years ago? And they sounded worse than the MG7. And...as always the damn thing fell apart on me not too long after I bought it, forcing me to get a store credit again (which I used for an AD900). History repeating itself. Why did I trust that Future Sonics would pick up the build quality issues the second time around?

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #894 of 1,216
Quote:

Can you imagine I paid like $299 for the older Atrio M5 v2 a few years ago? And they sounded worse than the MG7. And...as always the damn thing fell apart on me not too long after I bought it, forcing me to get a store credit again (which I used for an AD900). History repeating itself. Why did I trust that Future Sonics would pick up the build quality issues the second time around?

Your wallet must hate you! That sure sounds like a tough deal my friend. I would of liked a snap shot the very moment you put those plastic kinda surprise toys in your ears then another roughly 2.5 seconds after pressing the play button, If we could somehow freeze frame that point it could be framed as future reference for others.

Nightmare on Atrio Street!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #896 of 1,216
Quote:
Your wallet must hate you! That sure sounds like a tough deal my friend. I would of liked a snap shot the very moment you put those plastic kinda surprise toys in your ears then another roughly 2.5 seconds after pressing the play button, If we could somehow freeze frame that point it could be framed as future reference for others.

Nightmare on Atrio Street!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Australia has been very uncompetitive with headphone prices compared to rest of the world until very recently. The high Australian dollar had a lot to do with it. Well, I admit my first reaction when using the old version of Atrios was that they were just a more refined CX 300 - II. Luckily I managed to swap it for a AD900 with the retailer I bought them from, but the AD900's pads irritated my ears, forcing me to sell it off.

Oh well, Atrios have a very low resale value for some reason and are very hard to sell, so I'm glad to be able to exchange it for something better twice in a row instead of taking that massive loss (I exchanged my MG7's and some cash with the retailer for a MS2i, which I love).

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #897 of 1,216
Quote:

Australia has been very uncompetitive with headphone prices compared to rest of the world until very recently. The high Australian dollar had a lot to do with it. Well, I admit my first reaction when using the old version of Atrios was that they were just a more refined CX 300 - II. Luckily I managed to swap it for a AD900 with the retailer I bought them from, but the AD900's pads irritated my ears, forcing me to sell it off.

Oh well, Atrios have a very low resale value for some reason and are very hard to sell, so I'm glad to be able to exchange it for something better twice in a row instead of taking that massive loss (I exchanged my MG7's and some cash with the retailer for a MS2i, which I love).

Yes, it's hard to find great prices in Australia compared to Amercia, then lower that to street price on headphones there's no competition where to buy for us. TF10 for example (which I love)  were complete out of my reach until I found the classifieds. You did they right thing by swapping for the AD900, much better piece of mind, sorry to hear about the awful time you had with FS. I paid $85 for my used Atrio  M5/MG7 on ebay a month or so back before letting them go here for $49 to another Australian member

Here they were, with Sony Hybrid Clones I modded on them. 

Don't you just love the colour?

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #899 of 1,216
Quote:
Uh, I think we get the point...you don't like the Atrios. 

Just because I didn't like them doesn't mean others won't. They just weren't for me. I don't mean to mock them or put them down in anyway nore did I purposely came here to beat on them.

Sorry if it appeared that way, it was not my purpose. 

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #900 of 1,216
Quote:
Just because I didn't like them doesn't mean others won't. They just weren't for me. I don't mean to mock them or put them down in anyway nore did I purposely came here to beat on them.

Sorry if it appeared that way, it was not my purpose. 

No problem man, just thought you were trolling for a minute there....my bad. I guess that's the great thing about this hobby...we've got so many great choices that if we don't care for one particular piece of gear there are lots of other options out there to explore. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back