Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
May 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #826 of 1,216
Quote:
Dubbed, the chances of a great mic is what caused me to rationalize the cost of the IEMs, ones actually out of reach for me $. Ergo, the dissatisfaction. Pity, they sounded wonderful out of the box.

fair enough mate :)
They do sound good though, mic aside (which I careless about mics -> viva el android)

May 16, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #828 of 1,216
Quote:
Would you call my sanity into question if I told you I preferred listening to hip-hop music on the XB500 rather than the JH13?

not at all - i preferred listening to the C751's (£50) over the W2's (£200) for r'n'b, and thus sold the W2's as I didn't find them value for money for what I wanted.

May 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #829 of 1,216
I can understand your view and I think its a good one but after getting the MG6Pro I am very pleased with my purchase. I will let you hear the MG6Pro when you want to so you can hear it urself.
Quote:
i can actullay can afford the mg6 pro but i just cant do it, i never heard it but i am really happy with my atrios and spending 1000usd on an earphone is just too mutch, thats why i am looking at headphones that have a similer sound sig, truns out thats really rare, i have found nothing that sound similer to the atrios mabey the ath pro700 but they are mid bass heavy and have a fowered midrange, i am a bit confused on what to buy

mabey the costum sleeves will be a better idea then a new headphone....

May 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #833 of 1,216
Sounds like the Merlin would had been right up your alley as well. I do admit nothing does bass quite like a dynamic driver, BAs can't move air very well or sound as natural as dynamics in the bass department to me..

May 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #834 of 1,216
Yep I think the Merlins will be able to delivery. I do have an old hybrid universal earphone by Ultimate Ears which I really enjoy. Its the 5Pro EB which has 1 dynamic 13.5 MM Driver and 1 BA Driver. Sounds fantastic and it is over 5 years old. Does get overwhlemd in the mids and highs due to its bass. The MG6Pros mids and highs does not get over shadowed even though its bass is 3 times more wider and deeper then the UE5 Pro EB.
Quote:
Sounds like the Merlin would had been right up your alley as well. I do admit nothing does bass quite like a dynamic driver, BAs can't move air very well or sound as natural as dynamics in the bass department to me..

May 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #835 of 1,216
just pulled the trigger on the mg6pros myself, after tossing up between it and the merlin. I was going to try the MG7 first to see if i like the sound sig, but quite honestly im happy to go in based off of what i've heard from those who have exactly my headphones and the mg6pro. it's going to wow me any which way, but to top it off, the upgrade feature is just ridiculous value. i've been tossing between them and the merlins, and when it came down to it, that alone sealed the deal. even if its 1-5% better or worse than the competition, it's the sound sig im after, and to be able to have the next gen for 200 dollars in a few years is just awesome. i should just add, FS customer service is also pretty much amazing.

May 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #836 of 1,216
Kool let me know what you think of them.
Quote:
just pulled the trigger on the mg6pros myself, after tossing up between it and the merlin. I was going to try the MG7 first to see if i like the sound sig, but quite honestly im happy to go in based off of what i've heard from those who have exactly my headphones and the mg6pro. it's going to wow me any which way, but to top it off, the upgrade feature is just ridiculous value. i've been tossing between them and the merlins, and when it came down to it, that alone sealed the deal. even if its 1-5% better or worse than the competition, it's the sound sig im after, and to be able to have the next gen for 200 dollars in a few years is just awesome. i should just add, FS customer service is also pretty much amazing.

May 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #837 of 1,216
Quote:
Really? Well I reckon you are right for the most part. I only use the XB500s exclusively as 90% hip-hop/10% electronic music (the bass doesn't have the speed I like with electronic music) and hip-hop music in my opinion is very forgiving with lower quality headphones usually due it generally having simple beats and rhythms emphasizing slow and mid-bass frequency bass beats (I honestly find it hard to find many hip-hop songs from the late 1980s-1900s, for which is the pretty much the only hip-hop I listen to, that emphasizes a lot of sub-bass). On any other genre they are pretty abysmal especially for the vocals.

When it comes to hip-hop the mids and treble feel pretty much the same to me on the XB500 and MG7. Bass goes a bit lower on the MG7 but the bass on the XB500 goes very low still and has a more fuller sound to me (due to it being a full-sized can). The XB500 probably has a bit more muddier bass than the MG7 but I notice little difference with hip-hop music (when it comes to electronic music the MG7 is clearly superior, but even then I think the MG7's bass isn't fast enough for my liking but that's a personal preference).

That's my point of view when listening to hip-hop. When it comes to pretty much any other genre like electronic, rock, pop and so on the MG7s are clearly superior.

I can really get the bass to sound less muddy on the XB500, as well as open up the mids and brighten up the treble a bit on my Matrix M Stage -> Asus ST set up though, but it still sounds awesome for hip-hop from my little old Clip+.

sorry for being anoyying.....

but these a rather quick drivers, really qucik actully, one of the best.....

the xb700s on the other hand are slow and rumble alot, same as the byer dt770 80 oms vertion, very slow unpuchy bass

are u sure those are 500s..... cuz they sound alot like the 700s to me
bigsmile_face.gif

May 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #838 of 1,216
the PFE 232 how do they sound?
similer to the atrios?

May 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #839 of 1,216
Quote:
the PFE 232 how do they sound?
similer to the atrios?

better, in every respect.

ie. put the green filters on, and it's as good as the mg7's in bass

Although CKS77, tfta 1xb, mg7's are all the bass pros
PFE232's aren't - but they sure beat the mg7's etc in every other respect.

That said £400 vs £60...there is a HUGE difference in price, and personally wouldn't like paying that difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back