Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #331 of 1,216
Just to let you guys know, I did ask if the code works with the package (iems+custom sleeves) and they replied that it doesnt..  Oh well, using the coupon with the MG7s and paying full price for the sleeves still comes to 250, which isnt too bad actually.  Ill be getting impressions done next week sometime and report back with pictures and a review

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #333 of 1,216
Good point, ha I think I got a little ahead of myself.  IEMs have been somewhat of a pain in my ass so far due to off ear canals so when I saw the custom tips I got more than excited.  Ill probably order the MG7s this weekend and report back when they arrive.  

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #334 of 1,216

Quote:
Just to let you guys know, I did ask if the code works with the package (iems+custom sleeves) and they replied that it doesnt..  Oh well, using the coupon with the MG7s and paying full price for the sleeves still comes to 250, which isnt too bad actually.  Ill be getting impressions done next week sometime and report back with pictures and a review

I had previously purchased my Atrios from Amazon but was able to apply the coupon to just a pair of sleeves.  If it only applies to one item per order, maybe you can place two separate orders?  That would come out to $100 + $75 + $10.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #335 of 1,216

Quote:
Good point, ha I think I got a little ahead of myself.  IEMs have been somewhat of a pain in my ass so far due to off ear canals so when I saw the custom tips I got more than excited.  Ill probably order the MG7s this weekend and report back when they arrive.  

ye its always good to try before you buy - in your case, try before you custom it - as customs/impressions cant be sold on...and might only be applicable to 1 earphone/nozzle

Quote:

I had previously purchased my Atrios from Amazon but was able to apply the coupon to just a pair of sleeves.  If it only applies to one item per order, maybe you can place two separate orders?  That would come out to $100 + $75 + $10.

clever :)

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #336 of 1,216
Is anyone able to compare these with the FTX90? I've heard good things about them and since they are in a similar price range as the MG7, I'm curious as to how they compete, especially for metal music. I already have four IEM's, I really must stop coming here...

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #337 of 1,216

Quote:
Is anyone able to compare these with the FTX90? I've heard good things about them and since they are in a similar price range as the MG7, I'm curious as to how they compete, especially for metal music. I already have four IEM's, I really must stop coming here...

I have FXT90 and had MG7. No mid bass hump with MG7, but mega quantity of sub bass. FXTs have a balance of mid/sub bass, and much less sub bass.
Highs more prominent on FXT and so are mids.
The MG7, IMO, are excellent sounding and really shine with electronic/dub step.
As far as with rock, I'd say it depends on which songs. They both do rock well.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #338 of 1,216

Quote:
I have FXT90 and had MG7. No mid bass hump with MG7, but mega quantity of sub bass. FXTs have a balance of mid/sub bass, and much less sub bass.
Highs more prominent on FXT and so are mids.
The MG7, IMO, are excellent sounding and really shine with electronic/dub step.
As far as with rock, I'd say it depends on which songs. They both do rock well.

Thanks for the input. I do have a feeling that the FTX90 will do guitars better since I kinda feel it is toned down and laid back on the MG7. Might get these soon.

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #339 of 1,216
I had the MG7s for about a week when the left channel died.  Just sent them back for repairs and I had to pay the return shipping.  Not cool!  
(I am not complaining too much, though, since I was able to purchase them with the 50% off discount code from Atrio.me) 

Anyone else having any issues with these from a durability standpoint? 

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #340 of 1,216

Quote:
I had the MG7s for about a week when the left channel died.  Just sent them back for repairs and I had to pay the return shipping.  Not cool!  
(I am not complaining too much, though, since I was able to purchase them with the 50% off discount code from Atrio.me) 

It's rare to read about QC problems with the Atrio. Ive had every model (EM3, FS1 x 3, M5 and now MG7) and have never had a problem with any of them.

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #342 of 1,216

Quote:

I don't think the durability of the MG7 is that great. When I was using my first pair, the whole ring part connected to the nozzle came off when I was trying to put them on. They were inside my bag, but I was outside in pretty cold temperatures (35 below?) for about 10 minutes. Not sure if that short exposure made them brittle or something, but since I had no such problems with other IEMs, I was kind of disappointed with the build. I'm now really careful with these especially when I'm putting them on and off.

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #343 of 1,216

Quote:

I don't think the durability of the MG7 is that great. When I was using my first pair, the whole ring part connected to the nozzle came off when I was trying to put them on. They were inside my bag, but I was outside in pretty cold temperatures (35 below?) for about 10 minutes. Not sure if that short exposure made them brittle or something, but since I had no such problems with other IEMs, I was kind of disappointed with the build. I'm now really careful with these especially when I'm putting them on and off.

My guess is the extreme cold had something to do with it.

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #344 of 1,216
I can't believe how the MG7 has stepped up from it's rev. 2 predecessor. The previous versions sounded like a refined CX300, which was disappointing since you could only get them for $300 in Australia from an authorized dealer. The sound was so dark with a veiled midrange and treble. Now they are $200 in Australia from an authorized dealer and the bass feels more controlled, the midrange sounds less veiled and the treble is more in your face than before. Big improvement I must say.

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #345 of 1,216
I think these don't match that well with the Mustang amp. Bass might have gotten tighter, but the soundstage felt like it became even more closed in than it was before. Anyone find it surprising I find the sound better without an amp?
Edit: Wow, it definitely sounds much worse when paired with the amp. I'm now listening directly out of my Ipod and the sound has gotten more spacious and natural. Very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back