Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Feb 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #196 of 1,216
Was juuuust about to get these until I A/Bed them with a pair of JVC FTX90s in-store. The Atrios certainly have a rumbling bass, but I found it almost muffling. I'm not sure how else to describe it... I consider myself a bass-head, and am fully aware that I may need to warm to the intensity that the Atrio M5 offers...

That said, would anyone care to compare the two? :)

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #197 of 1,216
I was listening to Paul Simon "Late in the Evening" and the sub bass is more apparent with the MG7. Treble is a little better on the FXT. Other than that, I can't discern any other differences.

If you have other songs I will compare them.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #198 of 1,216
2 Olear Can you compare more M5 to IE80?

2 All
Also interested about MG7:
1) Mids and highs
2) Hard rock music styles
3) Driver flex
4) Filters
5) Durability
6) Sources which you are using with Atrios

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #199 of 1,216
Just to chime in about the mg7, i don't experience any driver flex with them, if i had to scale the driver flex between non vented dynamic drivers i own/owned, the xears td III would have some serious driver flex, like when the right earpiece gets inserted, sounds like a sheet of paper is being ripped, doesn't effect the sound in any negative way but the flex is definitely there, monster coppers has some mild flex, instead of paper being ripped, it sounds more like paper being crumpled, the atrios, none whatsoever for me.

There are no filters that i can see, none like the westones/phonak/triple fi 10 i handled, the atrios have a really long narrow stem so its even hard for me to see if they have one deep down, they also dont have any mesh at the top like the monster, xears and most other dynamic phones

durability is great so far, given that i had them since christmas, however, i did used to own the older version 2 atrios before, and the new ones do have a better cable, it feels stronger and better quality rubber, has a nicer touch to the hand, other than that, everything thing else seems completely the same, same plastic, design, strain relief, etc.

I use sony mp3 player ( some cheap one i got last year ) with them, the atrio does need more juice to power when compared to westone 2, monster coppers, triple fi, prolly like one or two more clicks on my volume settings

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #200 of 1,216
Anyone has experience comparing Atrio with Velodyne's vPulse (http://velodyne.com/promotion-details)?
I see vPulse being planned on |joker|'s IEM thread...

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #202 of 1,216

Quote:
I was listening to Paul Simon "Late in the Evening" and the sub bass is more apparent with the MG7. Treble is a little better on the FXT. Other than that, I can't discern any other differences.

If you have other songs I will compare them.

I guess I'd just like reassurance that I'm not being a TOTAL idiot for preferring the FTX over the MG7. I'm still relatively new to higher quality IEMs and would rather double check than regret.

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #203 of 1,216
While I wouldn't call the Atrio muffled, I can completely understand preferring the fxt90. It too is a fine IEM and takes a much different approach to presenting sound. Go with what appeals more to your ears. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #204 of 1,216

Quote:
While I wouldn't call the Atrio muffled, I can completely understand preferring the fxt90. It too is a fine IEM and takes a much different approach to presenting sound. Go with what appeals more to your ears. 

I guess after considering myself a bass-head, I became convinced that the best IEMs for me would be the ones that shook me to the core. As soon as a different pair were recommended in-store, it defied my expectations. As a new Head-Fi-er, I'm still at a stage where it helps to have some experts agree that you're making a smart investment and not wasting $$$.

More on topic, let me say that the Atrios are a remarkable IEM and that I found them to have an exceptional range of bass. I can only imagine how intense it can be when you find the tips that work best for you. That said, I found them almost overwhelming...maybe I'm not as much a bass-head as I thought :)

I'm heading back to the store today to do more A/B-ing. Will definitely share my thoughts and the outcome.

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #206 of 1,216
Thank you guys for this thread, I have just bought some and absoulety love them, you can just tell, its in the fine details, they have thought these phones out, they took time on them light on the ear, cables are top quality and are light and flexible!

I can listen to music for hours!!

and the bass............well lets not get into all that!!! - just perfect.

Thanks guys

much love

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #207 of 1,216

Quote:
Thank you guys for this thread, I have just bought some and absoulety love them, you can just tell, its in the fine details, they have thought these phones out, they took time on them light on the ear, cables are top quality and are light and flexible!

I can listen to music for hours!!

and the bass............well lets not get into all that!!! - just perfect.

Thanks guys

much love

glad your enjoying them!

How many hours have u got on them so far :)?

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #208 of 1,216
about 20 hours so far, I just love the attention to detail with every aspect of this phone. didnt like the klipsch reference s4 : (, but now Iam : )

Using the klipsh ear tips btw, much better fit for me, easy to put in and out, in fact more comfortable on these than the actual klipsch headphones!

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #209 of 1,216

Quote:
about 20 hours so far, I just love the attention to detail with every aspect of this phone. didnt like the klipsch reference s4 : (, but now Iam : )

Using the klipsh ear tips btw, much better fit for me, easy to put in and out, in fact more comfortable on these than the actual klipsch headphones!

nice - nice :)

I think they get better over time, according to the guys on the thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back