Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Feb 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #136 of 1,216

Quote:
Im sort of new to the high end iem scene and have been looking around for a week or two, almost deciding to get the senn ie80s but then got to reading about these and may reconsider. Would it be worth getting the ie80s if i could just get these with custom tips for 100 dollars less? I generally listen to post-hardcore/metal as well as dubstep and electronic/house if it makes a difference

Haven't heard the ie80, so i can't compare them, but the atrio are amazing for electronic music, the bass would dive into the deepest of dubstep bass drops, and i read the ie80 have a midbass hump, which the atrio do not have, allowing them to be quick enough to handle faster electronic music. For metal though, you will find the atrio lacking in the highs, they can keep up with fast bass riffs, but definition of cymbals and hi hats will not shimmer. They will provide the detail, just the highs are not the most textured. Also, the atrio are not vented and isolate very well, if you are new to the high end scene, i would pause the custom tips purchase, get whatever iem you choose first, experiement with other foam or silicone tips first, think about custom tips later, if you still want them.

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #137 of 1,216
So what color atrio did you guys all get?
I got a brown one - too many black IEMs on the market, and blue stands out too much.

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #139 of 1,216

Quote:
I got a brown one - too many black IEMs on the market, and blue stands out too much.

I wanted the brown really bad, but I ordered the combo kit with the Bluelink receiver included. The description didn't specify a color, but the photo on the product page showed the blue IEMs. I added a note to my order comments to request the chocolate color instead. We'll see if they oblige or if I'm stuck with blue. Not a dealbreaker really but I don't like to stand out, and brown is my favorite color :)

I'll be happy no matter what, I'm just excited to hear them!

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #140 of 1,216
So I placed my order yesterday at about 11am.... fast forward to today at 2:30pm and my order still shows "awaiting fulfillment". My CC has been charged already, yet I've received no shipping notice or status update. Is this normal? :\

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #143 of 1,216

Quote:
So I placed my order yesterday at about 11am.... fast forward to today at 2:30pm and my order still shows "awaiting fulfillment". My CC has been charged already, yet I've received no shipping notice or status update. Is this normal? :\

On mine I ordered on a Friday at like 7am it remained in a "awaiting fulfillment" status until Tuesday mid-morning and was changed to shipped. I received an e-mail notifying me of the change in status. I had put a note requesting a tracking number once shipped and I received a second e-mail with that from a person there.

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #144 of 1,216
So I love the Atrios however I typically prefer IEM's for work/portable use. Can anyone suggest a Over the ear head-phone that will provide a similar sound to the Atrio M5 with MG7 driver? It can have a little more high end (treble) as I don't expect something exactly the same but I do like strong quality deep bass.

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #145 of 1,216
Seems pretty normal. Futuresonics seems to be lacking in the communications department regarding shipping and receiving items. I've sent in my earphones for repair/replacement, and it got there last friday, but I haven't heard anything from them so I just sent an email today for an update. 

Edit: I got back from a representative promptly and he gave me a tracking number. I guess if you contact them first, there won't be much of a problem.

Quote:

Feb 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #146 of 1,216

Quote:

I went with traditional black as well, it is too bad that it has the blue ring around it though.  Even though I ordered mine from atrio.me it appears that it was shipped directly from Futuresonics, or possibly atrio.me has a fulfullment warehouse in PA, they were sent UPS from Horsham which isn't too far from Bristol where Futuresonics is located if memory serves correctly.  Anyway mine should be here tomorrow, looking forward to hearing them.

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #147 of 1,216

Quote:
I went with traditional black as well, it is too bad that it has the blue ring around it though.  Even though I ordered mine from atrio.me it appears that it was shipped directly from Futuresonics, or possibly atrio.me has a fulfullment warehouse in PA, they were sent UPS from Horsham which isn't too far from Bristol where Futuresonics is located if memory serves correctly.  Anyway mine should be here tomorrow, looking forward to hearing them.

From what I gather, the blacks are the Pro version and only distributed by Future Sonics head office. Atrio.me is the consumer division, distributing all the other colours.

I personally like the blue ring on the black, looks really nice.

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #148 of 1,216

Quote:
Haven't heard the ie80, so i can't compare them, but the atrio are amazing for electronic music, the bass would dive into the deepest of dubstep bass drops, and i read the ie80 have a midbass hump, which the atrio do not have, allowing them to be quick enough to handle faster electronic music. For metal though, you will find the atrio lacking in the highs, they can keep up with fast bass riffs, but definition of cymbals and hi hats will not shimmer. They will provide the detail, just the highs are not the most textured. Also, the atrio are not vented and isolate very well, if you are new to the high end scene, i would pause the custom tips purchase, get whatever iem you choose first, experiement with other foam or silicone tips first, think about custom tips later, if you still want them.

I have and love IE80.  I do have MG7 but have not listened to them yet. Will let you know.

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #150 of 1,216
The Shipping also kinda worried me when i ordered them but i got them quickly. :)
I ordered thursday, got shipping notice on monday, Received them on friday.
I'm in Houston, Tx USA and they were sent from Ontario Canada..

They're the Hall of Fame Edition Roberto Alomar Edition -- Blue

I Used the Code and got the combo (headphones / bluelink)
GOOD DEAL!

I also bought the fxt90's but they didn't sound the same with bluelink bluetooth receiver--im guessing because of  the impedance??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back