Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Feb 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #122 of 1,216
Just placed an order for a pair. These will be my first $100+ IEMs so I have high hopes (though I try not to hype myself up too much). I used the 50% off coupon code and ordered the combo pack with the IEMs and the Bluelink bluetooth receiver, just because I've wanted something like that to use at my office anyway. 

Hopefully shipping doesn't take too long!! :)

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #123 of 1,216

Quote:
Just placed an order for a pair. These will be my first $100+ IEMs so I have high hopes (though I try not to hype myself up too much). I used the 50% off coupon code and ordered the combo pack with the IEMs and the Bluelink bluetooth receiver, just because I've wanted something like that to use at my office anyway. 

Congrats Sprock, Waiting to read your impressions

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #124 of 1,216

Quote:

Do you know where they ship from Sprocket?  Mine shipped out today.

Freefallr how do these compare to the GR07?

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #125 of 1,216
It looks like the phone number is based out of southern Ontario.  If mine do not get held up in customs I should have them very soon.  Would still like to see them compared to the GR07.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #127 of 1,216

Quote:

Congrats. You will be very happy with them!
Quote:
Wow.  That coupon still works. 

It's crazy that such a huge discount would still be on! It's a great opportunity for people to get them as I feel even at retail price, they are still totally worth it!

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #128 of 1,216
Also pulled the trigger earlier this week, the coupon was just too hard to resist. Looking forward to hearing them. 

To anyone from Ontario who ordered from Atrio.me, I'm just curious if you got a tracking number for them? I only got an email that said they were shipped but no tracking number yet.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #129 of 1,216
They don't give u a tracking number, or at least not with me when i ordered mine, just said status shipped, don't worry, they ship from hamilton and i remember i got mine pretty fast ( 7 days or less ? i dont remember ) via Fedex, and i didn't have to pay any duties or delivery charge, which really surprised me, because i almost always get raped with anything that isn't canadapost/USPS/regular postal ( im looking at you ups, fedex, dhl ). Please post ur impressions, i am enjoying mine very much, a real bargain with that 50 % coupon, which i'm surprised still works as i ordered mine around christmas time and jumped on it thinking it was only a holiday special.
Seriously ppl, take advantage of this coupon that is still active, the atrio's might have been slightly forgotten due to its age on the market and the abundance of new iems coming out, but with this amazing price i think they just about earned the right to be raved about all over again. Still the king of quality bass imho, and i used to have the old atrio and judging from memory, the new mg7 driver do make a difference ( i was skeptical at first, but they do sound better ! ), no longer overly dark sounding from what i remember, although the treble is still not at the forefront or its strength, the new drivers brings improvement over the old version on all fronts.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #130 of 1,216
I never got a tracking number for mine either. 

As far as GR07 comparisons, I no longer have them but I can relay my notes on them.

Obviously there is no comparison bass wise. Neither has much mid bass but the Atrios have more sub bass rumble and texture, as well as overall more quantity. The GR07 mids are more transparent, slightly forward and slighty warmer. The Atrio mids are drier, thicker and neither forward or recessed to me. The GR07 treble is much brighter and more refined but the Atrios are less fatiguing while being maybe a hair less resolving. 

​The soundstage is much wider on the GR07 but is more 2D. The Atrios are deeper with better dynamics. I find the Atrios to have better instrument timbre, especially strings but the GR07 has better distortion guitar crunch.  The GR07 has better instrument separation but the Atrios are more organic sounding. Isolation is much better on the Atrios. 

I think the GR07 has more air and technical prowess but the Atrio has more prat, more rumble and gets your toes tapping and your face smiling. At least that's how I hear it. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #131 of 1,216
Im sort of new to the high end iem scene and have been looking around for a week or two, almost deciding to get the senn ie80s but then got to reading about these and may reconsider. Would it be worth getting the ie80s if i could just get these with custom tips for 100 dollars less? I generally listen to post-hardcore/metal as well as dubstep and electronic/house if it makes a difference

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #132 of 1,216

Quote:
Im sort of new to the high end iem scene and have been looking around for a week or two, almost deciding to get the senn ie80s but then got to reading about these and may reconsider. Would it be worth getting the ie80s if i could just get these with custom tips for 100 dollars less? I generally listen to post-hardcore/metal as well as dubstep and electronic/house if it makes a difference

I found the mid bass on the Senn IE8 much more present than the Atrio. I am not sure if it is the same on the IE80 but personally, I much prefer the sound of the Atrio over the Senn's.

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #133 of 1,216

Quote:
I found the mid bass on the Senn IE8 much more present than the Atrio. I am not sure if it is the same on the IE80 but personally, I much prefer the sound of the Atrio over the Senn's.

Thanks for your help. Would you say the sub-bass on both are similar? and what about the Atrio's do you find to be better over the Senns? Sorry for all the questions, I just think that these are my final two choices out of a list of 10 different iems, just trying to nit-pick now :)

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #134 of 1,216

Quote:
Also pulled the trigger earlier this week, the coupon was just too hard to resist. Looking forward to hearing them. 

To anyone from Ontario who ordered from Atrio.me, I'm just curious if you got a tracking number for them? I only got an email that said they were shipped but no tracking number yet.

I ordered from Atrio.me and put a note for them to let me know when shipped and send me a tracking number. They shipped mine via UPS ground and I the tracking number emailed to me like I requested. Weird thing was even though I ordered from Atrio.me they were shipped from a Location in PA, USA. I love them listened to 8 hours non stop at work today with no comfort issues at all and the best part is I find they sound great at low, normal or high volumes and they isolate very well.

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #135 of 1,216

Quote:
I never got a tracking number for mine either. 

As far as GR07 comparisons, I no longer have them but I can relay my notes on them.

Obviously there is no comparison bass wise. Neither has much mid bass but the Atrios have more sub bass rumble and texture, as well as overall more quantity. The GR07 mids are more transparent, slightly forward and slighty warmer. The Atrio mids are drier, thicker and neither forward or recessed to me. The GR07 treble is much brighter and more refined but the Atrios are less fatiguing while being maybe a hair less resolving. 

​The soundstage is much wider on the GR07 but is more 2D. The Atrios are deeper with better dynamics. I find the Atrios to have better instrument timbre, especially strings but the GR07 has better distortion guitar crunch.  The GR07 has better instrument separation but the Atrios are more organic sounding. Isolation is much better on the Atrios. 

I think the GR07 has more air and technical prowess but the Atrio has more prat, more rumble and gets your toes tapping and your face smiling. At least that's how I hear it. 

thanks shane for your thoughts.  looking forward to receiving mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back