Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Jan 21, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #76 of 1,216
Those are the only ones I haven't tried. :)

I'll try em out today.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #80 of 1,216
What are you guys using as a portable source for these? I will likely start off using my phone but plan to get a cowon J3. Do they need an amp or is a PMP enough to power these?

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #82 of 1,216

Quote:
What are you guys using as a portable source for these? I will likely start off using my phone but plan to get a cowon J3. Do they need an amp or is a PMP enough to power these?

My source was a Sony NWZ E-354, and they sounded perfectly fine like that.  Then I got a Zo2, and now it's a whole new world.  Sorry I can't be more descriptive...I'm not very good at describing sound, plus I only have about 2 hours listening to the Zo2.  But I can tell you I feel like I'm in a nightclub with a well put together sound system when I listen to this set-up. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #83 of 1,216
Ok, I'm listening to them right now with the included foam tips.

Ridiculous how much a difference these make! Sub bass has vastly improved, as has isolation (obviously), but also sound stage, music fullness... still hearing sibilance, but I've only used the earphones for around 3 hours or so, so I'm sure a bit of a burn in will help smooth things out.

My impression of these has improved. :)

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #84 of 1,216
Yeah I like the beige foamies best, but some headfier's prefer the black foamies.  Definitely the foams are my favorite to listen to them, just from a pure comfort factor, yet they also sound the best.  Win-win haha!

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #85 of 1,216
Nope, I'm sending these back. I find them fatiguing. Spikes in the upper mids and treble.

With my UM3X, I can sit and listen to music for hours... with these, I've had enough after 30 mins.

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #86 of 1,216

Quote:
Nope, I'm sending these back. I find them fatiguing. Spikes in the upper mids and treble.

With my UM3X, I can sit and listen to music for hours... with these, I've had enough after 30 mins.

I'm no expert but wouldn't burning them in for like 100 hours like most have said and listening then be wise before making a final decision?

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #87 of 1,216
I guess...I've never experienced a drastic change from burn-in. Suppose there's a first time for everything...

These'll have to change a lot though for me to like them.

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #88 of 1,216

Quote:
I'm no expert but wouldn't burning them in for like 100 hours like most have said and listening then be wise before making a final decision?

Didn't pick up that they're customs.
Based on universal tips, the FA foams are one of the best?  Are there others recommended?

Quote:
You would have to go to an authorized westone audiologist. A dealer can be found here. They will take your impressions and send them to westone on your behalf. You will be able pick them up from the audiologist as well. From what I have read prices can very from each dealer so it might not be worthwhile. If you do, I would highly recommend getting the ottoblast material as it is the only material that doesn't shrink over time.

1964 ears is also another option. They charge $100 for the custom tips but you will have to send them your impressions and your earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back