Future Sonics Atrio M5 or Westone 3?
Mar 11, 2011 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

djbasketball1

100+ Head-Fier
OK, so i know this is kind of an odd question because these two are not in the same class. Anyhow i've narrowed my search down to these two. I listen to Trance/Techno music and im wondering weather its worth to spend an extra $150 and buy the Westone 3's or go for the Future Sonics?????

Also , which have more bass?

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
OK, so i know this is kind of an odd question because these two are not in the same class. Anyhow i've narrowed my search down to these two. I listen to Trance/Techno music and im wondering weather its worth to spend an extra $150 and buy the Westone 3's or go for the Future Sonics?????

Also , which have more bass?

I have the Future Sonics Atrios with the NEW MG7 dynamic driver so i can speak about them. The bass is really something special on the Atrios. The bass is rich and astoundingly deep. Bass response is excellent: it goes deep and is very articulated. Pitch and texture of bass frequencies are presented very well. The Atrios have quite a bit more bass than Shures or Etymotics, but the bass does not overwhelm the mids; it doesn’t make the overall sound muddy in any way. Contrary to bloated bass-monster IEMs like the Super.Fi 5 EB or the CX300, the Atrios can be seen as the "bass reference" for IEMs and would fit well with the kind of music you listen to...Trance/Techno. The Atrios are also warm earphones so If like that kind of sound signature then they may fit you well. I can't speak about the Westone 3's because I don't know much about them or ever tried them.

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I have the Future Sonics Atrios with the NEW MG7 dynamic driver so i can speak about them. The bass is really something special on the Atrios. The bass is rich and astoundingly deep. Bass response is excellent: it goes deep and is very articulated. Pitch and texture of bass frequencies are presented very well. The Atrios have quite a bit more bass than Shures or Etymotics, but the bass does not overwhelm the mids; it doesn’t make the overall sound muddy in any way. Contrary to bloated bass-monster IEMs like the Super.Fi 5 EB or the CX300, the Atrios can be seen as the "bass reference" for IEMs and would fit well with the kind of music you listen to...Trance/Techno. The Atrios are also warm earphones so If like that kind of sound signature then they may fit you well. I can't speak about the Westone 3's because I don't know much about them or ever tried them.

I currently have the black Monster Turbines. Have you heard them? if so could you compare the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back