future review upcoming (w3, tf10, se530, ie8)
Feb 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So surprised people even still talk about the TF10 when there is so much better out there. Ive never been so sure of sound i didnt like as when i had those.

*warming the excitement in this thread while we await the review :)

I personally found the sound of the TF10s to be pretty sweet... What put me off of them (and made me get the EX700, and onward to the IE8) is the fit... I could NEVER get them to stay in my ears for more than about 10 minutes... they'd just pop out (almost literally!)
frown.gif

...I must admit, I'm looking forward to this review for further opinions of IE8 vs W3
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I must admit, I'm looking forward to this review for further opinions of IE8 vs W3
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lulz. I will be looking forward to the IE8 and the SE530's due to their price range. Online, they have very similar prices.

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lulz. I will be looking forward to the IE8 and the SE530's due to their price range. Online, they have very similar prices.

Not in the US.

Either way, I'll take a guess... the IE8 beats them all.... sorry to spoil it
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Funny enough, I am in the next hour or so going to post in my long running thread about IE8 vs Shure E5x0... Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not in the US.

Either way, I'll take a guess... the IE8 beats them all.... sorry to spoil it
tongue.gif

Hehe... you're probably right, but we'll see
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #50 of 62
Okay, I am looking forward to hockeyb213s opinions, and am also looking forward to how opinions compare / differ on this one thing...

My take on E5x0 vs IE8

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #51 of 62
Wheres the promised review is it still happening, keen to read the in depth analysis

Mar 3, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #53 of 62
Dunno if this plays a part in this review that the OP said he would do, but a few weeks ago there was a scandal where the OP was lent a pair of W3 to review, and he apparently never sent them back to the the owner. There was a huge thread about it, and in the end he paid the owner of the W3 the price of the W3 in compensation, although nobody really knows where the W3 went.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #55 of 62
sound very... interesting?

where is that thread about that incident please?

Mar 4, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #58 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/i-...adfier-409859/

Interesting read.

I gotta go back to check the date setting on my camera, just to make sure that the photos I took today do not indicate themselves that they were taken just hours before I make a post in the future. You know, it is a high probability event that I will make a post with these photos on the exact same date that I incorrectly set on my camera.
dt880smile.png

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #59 of 62
I have all of the mentioned IEM's but just to clarify that I own the M-Audio IE-40's which are rebranded triple fi's. All of these IEMs sound good but all of them have their own unique sound signature. I prefer the IE8's over all of them only after 200+ hours of burn in. Right out of the box they don't sound too good. After burn in, the bass impact and the soundstage is much better then the other IEM's. I slightly prefer the midrange of the SE530's. The IE8's have great clarity and soundstage with the way they present the midrange but it just comes down to preference. Some people might have fit issues with the IE8's and they are not the most comfortable IEM's in my collection. The westone 3's take the cake for comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back