Future of Electrostatic Headphones?
Mar 24, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
Even though I think full size headphones are currently much better than IEMs, I think IEMs IS the future, not fullsize dynamic or electrostatic.

Somehow I doubt this. They tend to be delicate and require regular maintenance (cleaning and new tips once in a while), and this pretty much is by design. Top-flight headphones, however, tend to be used for many years if possible - some folks are even using HD424s (1976...1979) to this day.

Mar 24, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
Somehow I doubt this. They tend to be delicate and require regular maintenance (cleaning and new tips once in a while), and this pretty much is by design. Top-flight headphones, however, tend to be used for many years if possible - some folks are even using HD424s (1976...1979) to this day.

Clearly you don't own an iPod!
k1000smile.gif
j/k

IEMs I believe are the main focus of the industry due to the influx of people owning iPods. That's where the money lies. In terms of product maintenance, I don't think IEMs are as delicate as you are making them out to be (I know I've had many break but that's after tons and tons of abuse).

Your last statement is actually supporting my argument from the point of view of the manufacture.

Again, if I could have what I get from <name your fav can here> in an small portable ampless IEM....that would be special...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back