Fuse direction for Pass Labs amp and preamp
Apr 12, 2022 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mitchb

1000+ Head-Fier
I am going to re fuse my Pass X250.8 and XP-32 with Synergistic Research purple fuses in a couple of days. I was hoping to get advice on a rule of thumb for direction of the fuses. My instinct tells me to start by installing the fuse by the direction of the lettering on the fuses. I am thinking that the direction should be the lettering left to right with the beginning of the lettering facing out of the amp and the end of the lettering facing into the amp. Does this sound right?

Apr 12, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 4
There is a huge thread on audiophile fuses on Audiogon.com. And fuse direction and different brands are discussed and debated with a lot of good information. I'll try to find the thread and post it here, or you could just do a search there as well.

Apr 15, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 4
I put the fuse in my Pass amp and preamp with the direction of the fuse from the front of the amp to the back. I did it this way per advice from an article I was sent. The sound is good so I am just letting it be. My dac,SACD player and streamer are correct for sure. I am getting some good sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back