funny picture
Jul 2, 2001 at 1:17 PM Post #32 of 58
Gee, you must really hate him. What did he ever do to you?
confused.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 1:43 PM Post #33 of 58
I looked that thing up:

AM/FM/Cassette/CD Boombox 460 Watts total power (160W + 70W) x2 (160W x 2 for Subwoofers + 70W x 2 for main speakers) Extended Super Bass Twin 8" Bi-amped Subs 3 preset and 3 manual equalization settings Live Surround (Dance/Club/Hall/Stadium)

460 WATTS! MAN, that baby is 60 pounds of screaming plastic. Here's JVCs press release.

http://www.jvc.com/pressbox/Audio%20...nal%201226.htm

Jul 2, 2001 at 1:58 PM Post #34 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by Tyll Hertsens
I looked that thing up:

AM/FM/Cassette/CD Boombox 460 Watts total power (160W + 70W) x2 (160W x 2 for Subwoofers + 70W x 2 for main speakers) Extended Super Bass Twin 8" Bi-amped Subs 3 preset and 3 manual equalization settings Live Surround (Dance/Club/Hall/Stadium)

460 WATTS! MAN, that baby is 60 pounds of screaming plastic. Here's JVCs press release.

http://www.jvc.com/pressbox/Audio%20...nal%201226.htm

From the Press Release: "optimally-tuned Extended Super Bass Circuit". Heh, my guess wasn't too far off. I love these names.

Jul 2, 2001 at 2:00 PM Post #35 of 58
Let's say, just for the sake of discussion that the thing actually sounds ok. They had to fire the engineer who came up with the design, and the executive comittee that approved it for production.....didn't they? What was the design team's goal, as few right angles as possible? OMG! I think if you look in Webster's newest and look up the term "butt ugly" that pic will be there.

Jul 3, 2001 at 1:28 AM Post #37 of 58
From the press release:
Quote:

As the music, reverberates through the large acoustic chambers of the radiation passage; a pure, extended bass results as unwanted higher frequencies are filtered out in the process. The end result is a thundering bass sound!

oh...yay.

Jul 3, 2001 at 2:32 AM Post #39 of 58
Scarier still is the fact that the picture that thomas started this thread off with is the picture of the smaller one. Check this out.

From the original post by thomas:

mx-gt80_zoom.jpg

This is the bigger one:

mx-gt90_zoom.jpg

The bottom one is the one that Tyll pulled the specs for. And here's a closeup of one of its speakers:

h257MXGT90-O_spkr.jpeg

Wow (and "wow" in a good way).

Jul 3, 2001 at 3:16 AM Post #40 of 58
Yeah, those are pretty big! Looks like whoever thought them up was unconsciously trying to compensate for other areas...
eek.gif
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2001 at 12:15 PM Post #44 of 58
I hate that damn stereo. We sell at Sears and every single redneck immediately goes up to it and says "Oh, wow, this must kick ass because of how it looks." The funny thing is that piece of junk is $400. I could buy a pair of used RS-2's or new SR-325's for less than that. The customers then ask for my opinion and I tell them that we have systems that sound better than that for nearly half the price and continue to think I'm lying. Ug, sorry, just really, really pisses me off to see that stereo.

Jul 3, 2001 at 6:08 PM Post #45 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by jim
Ok, I know this has absolutely nothing to do with headphones...but, talking about funny pipes....

mega_pipe_back.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist
biggrin.gif

ahhhh... I've got that beat!

crazy3.jpg

This is a real jet powered Toyota MR2 that was for sale on ebay a little while back.

I think the JVC would be right at home in it.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back