Funny EBay Shenanigans!!!
Jul 18, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 28
i love it how its designed by the owner of burson audio melbourne, when i checked the white pages for melbourne, there was no burson audio. i did find a discussion on diyaudio about them though

Jul 18, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #6 of 28
Jul 18, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #8 of 28
Was that $111, gulp, _each_?

This after struggling over AD8610 or OPA843 on a new amp all weekend... well, and reading "The Half Blood Prince".

Bastards... magic, anyone?

Jul 18, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 28
My main quibble is with his definitions:
Quote:

Unity Gain Bandwidth – measures the distortion point against frequency. So the higher value means the distortion point is higher and so less auditable. This will translate to a more natural and clear high and sweeter mid high

.....No.... Unity gain bandwidth is pretty self-explanatory, it is the bandwidth over which there is at least the gain of one. It is indicative of where the gain versus frequency starts to change but this is in open-loop mode. http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/...852AD825_f.pdf For the AD825, figure 12 shows open-loop gain versus frequency and so the unity gain bandwidth is about 30 MHz. Although in open loop mode the gain becomes frequency dependent after 10 Khz, figure 20 bears more merit because in amplifier designs we use closed-loop modes to reduce distortion. Now we see that the unity gain in figure 20 extends far outside the bandwidth that we are concerned about, to around 10Mhz.

Jul 18, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #12 of 28
I sure hope its pure oxygen free copper
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back