Funny Digikey Mistake
Nov 5, 2006 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kklee

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered some assorted spacers to finish a couple of Millett Hybrid amps that I'm building and Digikey made a mistake filling the order.

I guess the androids filling the orders can't tell the difference between RJ-45 PCB mount jacks and 1/4" spacers.

Nov 5, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 6
They sent me 20 jellybean op-amps once, for no particular reason.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 6
I stopped shopping at digikey when they started adding tax. Out of all the internet merchants that I use they are the only ones to do so without a physical presence in my state. Mouser has been extremely wonderful. 2 out of my last 3 orders had shipping upgraded for free.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON
I stopped shopping at digikey when they started adding tax. Out of all the internet merchants that I use they are the only ones to do so without a physical presence in my state. Mouser has been extremely wonderful. 2 out of my last 3 orders had shipping upgraded for free.
smily_headphones1.gif

Unfortunately, Mouser doesn't have a presence in Canada, so it costs more and takes longer for shipping. I'm pretty happy with Digikey since they ship overnight in Canada for $8.

Nov 5, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent
They sent me 20 jellybean op-amps once, for no particular reason.
smily_headphones1.gif

A cell phone vendor once sent me a battery, charger, and some other accessories, no invoice, no charges on my credit card. I even tried contacting them to find out why but never heard back from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back