fun, light headphones for portable usage
May 17, 2004 at 11:59 AM Post #16 of 21
Thanks for the info Lisa! So you live in the Netherlands as well, huh?
Yeah, the European prices! I had the opportunity to buy used kcs35 for 40 EUR, but now it's gone... For my PortaPro's I paid 49EUR and for the px100 43EUR...
Koss hasn't replied yet (I asked them about the shipping costs to the NLs).
Did you buy an amp for your Grado's?

May 17, 2004 at 12:13 PM Post #17 of 21
Where did you get Porta Pros for just €49,- ?
You overpaid a bit for the Senn PX100s. Most places sell them for €39,95 or something.

I have used the Grados without an amp for 4 months They're easily driven. I recently got a Headsave Mint amp and that improves the sound. They now sound smoother and fuller. Like every single note you hear has a bit more body to it. I also get a bit more bass but I don't know whether that's because of the amplification or just the sound signature of the amp. I still have to do some comparison with the headsave mint and my integrated amp. Been enjoying the music so far
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2004 at 12:26 PM Post #18 of 21
Lisa said:
Where did you get Porta Pros for just €49,- ?
/QUOTE]

ebay...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
You overpaid a bit for the Senn PX100s. Most places sell them for €39,95 or something.

I know. At that time, I wanted to have them quickly, and this was the opportunity. What an irony! :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I have used the Grados without an amp for 4 months They're easily driven. I recently got a Headsave Mint amp and that improves the sound. They now sound smoother and fuller. Like every single note you hear has a bit more body to it. I also get a bit more bass but I don't know whether that's because of the amplification or just the sound signature of the amp. I still have to do some comparison with the headsave mint and my integrated amp. Been enjoying the music so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Good to hear! Yet, I think I first should work on my sources and the amp before buying any more headphones...
Do you still use your px100 and mx500 now that you have the Grado's?

May 17, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by razputin

Good to hear! Yet, I think I first should work on my sources and the amp before buying any more headphones...
Do you still use your px100 and mx500 now that you have the Grado's?

Hardly. Since I only listen to headphones at home I don't need earbuds or small headphones. If I did need someting for travel or anything I think the PX100s would get a lot of use. They improve a lot with amplification. The mx500 do to. But normally you don't go and buy an $80 + amp for them.

May 17, 2004 at 12:58 PM Post #21 of 21
I just reread the thread.
Seems to me that Grados are not what you're looking for when you want to go cycling. And they don't have that extra bass you're looking for. They have nice tight bass.
The PX100 and ksc35(I guess, never heard them) are your best bets.
I would just go and hassle somebody to speed up that return pair you're suppsed to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back