Fullsize that sound like the TF10pro
Jul 12, 2009 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Scott_Tarlow

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey, I am looking for headphones that sound like the TF10 pro. Only requirement is that they can be driven decently from a Pico DAC/Amp.

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 9
That's a bit hard...closest full size can that I heard was the hd600 (not so close that you will remember of one listening to another), and I don't know about Pico DAC/Amp.

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #4 of 9
Without a doubt the DT880 is a carbon copy of the Triplefi 10 in full sized can form. Too bad it can't be driven by the Pico DAC/Amp. So if you want to experience the Triplefi 10 in full sized can form you'll need to get a desktop amp.

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 9
If it weren't for me traveling across the country every few months, I WOULD I WOULD. I guess the D2000 is my best bet.

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Without a doubt the DT880 is a carbon copy of the Triplefi 10 in full sized can form. Too bad it can't be driven by the Pico DAC/Amp. So if you want to experience the Triplefi 10 in full sized can form you'll need to get a desktop amp.

wow.. this is just spot on with my feeling.  sigh...what to do while saving for not only the money, but opportunity to buy these (newlywed here,,.eagle-eyed wife)  :p

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Denon D2000! But if you can go a few extra miles the HD800.

Really? I find them extremely different. Listening to classical or jazz on my TF10 then going to the D2000 with the same track and the D2000 sounds hilariously off. Then again the same thing happens when I do it reversed.
I found them very different. Maybe it is the closest thing to the TF10, but if it is there is no can that sounds like it.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
Quote:

wow.. this is just spot on with my feeling.  sigh...what to do while saving for not only the money, but opportunity to buy these (newlywed here,,.eagle-eyed wife)  :p

i did get the DT880 250ohm and don't regret for a second!  The TF10 AMPED sounds even MORE like the DT880 250ohms....  instantly you have tons of soundstage. 

Love both of these equally (the DT880 more for comfort), but TF10 for on the go.

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i did get the DT880 250ohm and don't regret for a second!  The TF10 AMPED sounds even MORE like the DT880 250ohms....  instantly you have tons of soundstage. 

Love both of these equally (the DT880 more for comfort), but TF10 for on the go.

I may have said a few places on this board like I've read at least a couple times that the TF10 sounds just like the DT880 250ohm.   I must recant what I said--they are very similar especially in balance and both have very good detail------but I've gotta give the clear winner in detail in the highs to the DT880 250ohm.  Didn't really notice until today - unamped.  will need to further test, but I really enjoy having both and feel very satisfied

Users who are viewing this thread

Back