Fullsize headphones
Mar 31, 2012 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

SamBrown98

New Head-Fier
I need a pair of full size headphones, fullsize for definate and if possible the sort of studio quality ones.
Also need some advice as to get closed back or open back, would be used in the car against a radio or on a plane but I need a true sound for recording etc.

Nothing above the price of 80, around 50 please unless they are really worth it.
I an not bothered about size or looks, music is key, the sound.

Genre's is acoustic and rock mainly, with some pop, but very little.

Hope this is enough information to go on as thats all I can tell you. No skullcandy though, they are cheap quality.

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 14

Quote:
I need a pair of full size headphones, fullsize for definate and if possible the sort of studio quality ones.
Also need some advice as to get closed back or open back, would be used in the car against a radio or on a plane but I need a true sound for recording etc.

Nothing above the price of 80, around 50 please unless they are really worth it.
I an not bothered about size or looks, music is key, the sound.

Genre's is acoustic and rock mainly, with some pop, but very little.

Hope this is enough information to go on as thats all I can tell you. No skullcandy though, they are cheap quality.

You probably want closed unless you want to hear the radio in the car or piss people off on the plane. For the price range, I'm not too sure. 

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 14

Quote:
You probably want closed unless you want to hear the radio in the car or piss people off on the plane. For the price range, I'm not to sure. 

Thanks:wink: I was thinking about this option, I can up the price range but that means saving up more, but if its worth it then i'm fine doing so.

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
Thanks:wink: I was thinking about this option, I can up the price range but that means saving up more, but if its worth it then i'm fine doing so.

There are definitely good headphones in the price range you want but it is just that I have not researched that price range myself so I cannot give any advice about it. Just wait till people to start waking up to chime in! If i just had to go off the top of my head, I think there are some decent Shures at this price range. SRH440? 220? something like that. Sorry I'm not much of a help. Only thing I can say is that you probably want a close back for your use.

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
There are definitely good headphones in the price range you want but it is just that I have not researched that price range myself so I cannot give any advice about it. Just wait till people to start waking up to chime in! If i just had to go off the top of my head, I think there are some decent Shures at this price range. SRH440? 220? something like that. Sorry I'm not much of a help. Only thing I can say is that you probably want a close back for your use.

Thanks, I have had a look but its always quite overwhelming how many to choose from, should i get studio headphones or noise cancelling, which ones would be more suited etc. You've been a lot of help, in any way. 

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #6 of 14

Quote:

The srh440 are looking very nice, the 220 are cheaper and similar but not sure whether they are too similar for the price difference.....

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
Thanks, I have had a look but its always quite overwhelming how many to choose from, should i get studio headphones or noise cancelling, which ones would be more suited etc. You've been a lot of help, in any way. 

I personally would avoid active noise cancelling. Only headphones that seem to have decent active noise cancelling were Bose and I did not like their sound quality.

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #8 of 14

Quote:

I personally would avoid active noise cancelling. Only headphones that seem to have decent active noise cancelling were Bose and I did not like their sound quality.

Okayy, thanks for the haeds up. The shures have good reviews but are porr buld quality??is that really as bad as it sounds or am i expecting to much at this prce range??

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
Okayy, thanks for the haeds up. The shures have good reviews but are porr buld quality??is that really as bad as it sounds or am i expecting to much at this prce range??

I'm really inexperienced in this prince range. For full size headphones I started with an AKG k272 mk II. That's more in teh 140-150 ball park. That would probably do well with acoustics but probably not the best with rock. You probably want something with more bass. I'm sure other people will be able to give better advice soon :)

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
I'm really inexperienced in this prince range. For full size headphones I started with an AKG k272 mk II. That's more in teh 140-150 ball park. That would probably do well with acoustics but probably not the best with rock. You probably want something with more bass. I'm sure other people will be able to give better advice soon :)

Thanks:wink:the akg are nice but their webzite is ****...il have a look anyway

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:

Thanks, all advice is appreciated:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back