Fulla-E a big disappointment
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mohsin9221

New Head-Fier
In the start of Sept I ordered Fulla-4 from Schiit website because I broke my original Fulla V1 USB port accidently. I have used Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ohm with Fulla V1 and both synergized pretty well, the AKM chip used inside Fulla V1 creates amazing sound stage and tamed the treble monster. So I had similar expectations with Fulla-4 (was a bit worried about usb port disaster but I still decided to give it a go), In Oct My order was upgraded to Fulla-E and after some discussions with sales team I received My Fulla-E on 18 Oct, (I even paid 50% extra import duty on it). I had the same expectations for the sound quality as the previous model and was really excited but when I plugged in I heard the most metallic craptastic sound that can come out from a DAC/AMP. Even vocals sound so metallic which were like super sweet heaven on Fulla V1. This is a big disappointment in sound quality, my years old FIIO Q1 with gain doesn't sound that bad, the instruments mix inside head and creates a mushy sound that its unbearable after 20-30 mins, I understand that this is the first time Schiit is dealing with ESS chips but c`mon. I wouldn't recommend any one to try Fulla-E until Schiit engineers learn a few things about the new chips.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #2 of 3
In the start of Sept I ordered Fulla-4 from Schiit website because I broke my original Fulla V1 USB port accidently. I have used Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ohm with Fulla V1 and both synergized pretty well, the AKM chip used inside Fulla V1 creates amazing sound stage and tamed the treble monster. So I had similar expectations with Fulla-4 (was a bit worried about usb port disaster but I still decided to give it a go), In Oct My order was upgraded to Fulla-E and after some discussions with sales team I received My Fulla-E on 18 Oct, (I even paid 50% extra import duty on it). I had the same expectations for the sound quality as the previous model and was really excited but when I plugged in I heard the most metallic craptastic sound that can come out from a DAC/AMP. Even vocals sound so metallic which were like super sweet heaven on Fulla V1. This is a big disappointment in sound quality, my years old FIIO Q1 with gain doesn't sound that bad, the instruments mix inside head and creates a mushy sound that its unbearable after 20-30 mins, I understand that this is the first time Schiit is dealing with ESS chips but c`mon. I wouldn't recommend any one to try Fulla-E until Schiit engineers learn a few things about the new chips.
Sorry to hear about that! But thanks for letting us know…

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 3
I pulled out my so-tiny Schiit Fulla v1 yesterday to use again with headphones at desktop, still sounds great. Amazingly good from such a compact unit. I used to have some Windows 10 issues with it (sudden disconnects), but it's been playing now without any problem for two days. Using with Spotify at 24/44.1 setting. It's a handy little bugger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back