Fulla 2 sounds the same as uber schiit stack?
Jan 23, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 5
If you can't hear the difference, consider yourself lucky!  It'll save you lots of money down the line.  :)

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 5
yeah... I didn't know .. I mean people go on and on about all these "differences" between sound with this dac or that dac... /amp... really haven't seen too much night and day differences myself...it is like a given headphone sounds the way it does 93% + and the amp / dac is going to make a few % difference most of the time.

especially SS vs other SS stuff it is pretty much 6 of 1

my .02 for whatever it is worth...

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 5
  I listened to both with lcd-2.2 with flac over usb for both dac/amps.  I couldn't tell the difference.

I thought lcd-2 needed the power?

If you're not listening at levels where either amp gets to the point where there's some audible distortion then  practically any amp can sound the same as another. The LCD-2 however has a very useful impedance (not too high, not low either), and paired with very high efficiency, will likely not get a lot of distortion out of the Fulla2 despite being USB powered.

That said I'd make a guess it wasn't all placebo. There can be some subtle differences in imaging due to some level of distortion, it just isn't a wide enough performance gap to be easily noticeable. The high efficiency of the LCD-2 negates the need for a lot of power, and if anything you might hear a difference if you had been pumping a little more but cleaner power, maybe clearer percussion hits, cleaner bass notes, etc, but ultimately it's far from being a night and day difference.

Note also that given these are open headphones a high enough noise floor in your room is going to get in the way also unless you're overcompensating with the volume knob. Even a room you think is "quiet" can have a total noise floor of over 30dB. That's like going into a deadened room and running stress tests on a high performance computer (which will then prompt its cooling system to spin the fans faster).

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 5
  I listened to both with lcd-2.2 with flac over usb for both dac/amps.  I couldn't tell the difference.

I thought lcd-2 needed the power?

It is not surprising considering your comparing similar, budget minded setups from the same company.  The Fulla 2 also uses the same DAC chip as the Modi 2 Uber.

The LCD-2 also doesn't scale very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back