Schiit Fulla 2 OK as just a DAC?

• No, fool. Go buy a [standalone DAC here]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 22, 2019 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BrokenTangent

New Head-Fier
Heya all!

So, bit of a newbie question...But, I currently have the Fulla 2, using both the DAC/AMP to power my HD650's. However, I was strongly considering possibly purchasing the entry level Schiit tube amp 'Vali' ( http://www.schiit.com/products/vali-1).

My question is: would the Fulla 2 be alright to use as a pure DAC? Feeding into the Vali? Or would I have to buy something built more as a dedicated DAC? Has anyone given this a try before?

Any wisdom is very much appreciated!

Jan 22, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the Fulla 2. If you are on a budget, do not replace the Fulla. Jason from Schiit Audio has stated that Mike (co owner of Schiit Audio) and himself (Jason) each have one on their desk at work That endorsement should speak for itself.

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Heya all!
So, bit of a newbie question...But, I currently have the Fulla 2, using both the DAC/AMP to power my HD650's. However, I was strongly considering possibly purchasing the entry level Schiit tube amp 'Vali' ( http://www.schiit.com/products/vali-1).
My question is: would the Fulla 2 be alright to use as a pure DAC? Feeding into the Vali? Or would I have to buy something built more as a dedicated DAC? Has anyone given this a try before? Any wisdom is very much appreciated!
You can use the Fulla 2 as just a DAC, or pre-amp output.
For the HD650, maybe spend a little more for a tube amp, then what the Vali costs.
But nothing really wrong with using the Vali.

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #4 of 4
The Fulla 2 has the same DAC chip (AK4490) as the Modi, so you should be well off with your HD650, just use the line out on your Fulla for the input on the Vali.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back