Full Sized Cans, Check! It's time for IEMs (Audeo PFE, Nuforce NE-7M, or Etymotic hf2)?
Jan 29, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #16 of 16
Here is an intersting piece of information I didn't know about the Audeo PFEs. I spoke to a (somewhat) local dealer of Phonak products yesterday. The dealer is mainly a hearing aid vendor, the woman I talked to is a licensed audiologist and holds a masters degree in audiology. It took a few minutes to get the conversation steered toward the Phonak Audeo PFE. Phonak uses the Audeo name for hearing aids as well. Once we got that out of the way and she understood that I was looking for earphones she told me that they did carry the product but she had not used it but her partner had. I asked for pricing, she said that she would check and call me back. She phoned Phonak and when she called back she gave me prices but she also told me that in talking with Phonak they told her that custom ear molds could be attached to the PFEs so if you can't find the perfect fit with the included tips that was an option. She did mention though that her partner said she had no trouble finding a good fit with the included tips.

I didn't know attaching a custom ear mold was an option and I thought maybe some of you might also not be aware of that. So I'm passing it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back