Full-size headphones for iPhone?
Feb 4, 2009 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pellothed1

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been using my iPhone with Ety ER4P's, but I'd like to find a pair of cans that are capable of working unamped out of the iPhone/iPod, etc. I really like the Ety's but after 4 or 5 hours of listening during the day, my ears get a little sore and need to be relieved.

Basically, I'm looking for a headphone less than $200, and would give preference to a detailed headphone, basically as close as I can get to the ER4's in a full-size package, I would also like a big soundstage if possible.

What do you guys think about the A.T. AD700 or are there better options? Thanks for the help.

Feb 4, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 8
AD700 is great if you're OK with open, but if you'll be going out in public with them you will want closed, like the A700. But also in that case you won't want them to be too big, so that sort of rules out the A700.

I use my D2000 with my iPhone 3G all the time, and love them, but mostly at my desk at work or sitting on the porch outside. They're too big to walk around with, but the sound quality is amazing (much better than the A700 and AT700). I got mine used off ebay for about $200. Well worth every penny.

A smaller closed phone like the D1001 or AT-ES7 may be a better choice if you need portability. Also one without a 10 ft cord (though you could always cut it I suppose). Haven't personally tried the ES7, but the D1001 is good for the price.

Feb 5, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #5 of 8
My new 325i's sound great on my iphone 3G.

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 8
I listen to my ipod a lot with Grado SR-80's. The sound is excellent and they are fairly comfortable (at least I have no complaints - I did get a padded headband though). For listening at work you might want to consider the noise leakage factor of the open design - I have to watch the volume or I get complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back