Full Size headphones (closed-back) around the 100-200£ mark
Oct 22, 2011 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TDB Jaster

Head-Fier
Hey there,
I've been searching and searching for new headphones for quite a while now, and I've narrowed down some criteria:
Closed-Back, I want to focus on my music, and only on my music
Durability, 100£ is a lot of money to me and I'll use them a LOT so they need to last
Suitable for out-doors, I walk around a lot, so they shouldn't be home-use only headphones

I've been looking at the Cresyn C720H, but I've heard they aren't very suitable for anything but home-use?
I've also been looking at the Lindy Premium Hi-fi Headphones, but I don't know much about them.
As well as the Beyerdynamic DT77, they're a bit over my budget, but they sound like something i'd go for

Any ideas?
other suggestions are also very welcome

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 12
Oct 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 12
If the Lindy are similar to the FA-003, then i would think they would be quite suitable. They are 64ohms so they would probably sound fine out of an iPod or something but for this sort of money you could also pick up something like a Fiio E6 and still be under £100.

Has anyone else had any experience with these?

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 12
I'm not very big on amps like the Fiio (In fact, I never heard of a thing called headphone amps before I started searching for headphones 2 days ago)
But I'm hearing some general liking of the Lindy choice, yeah?
I've really got a thing for the Cresyn C720H, but because of the review saying that they'd only really be suitable for home use, I'm not convinced about them - does anyone have a comment on that claim? :)

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 12
UPDATE: just looked at my bank account and my budget just went up to MAX. 200£(300$) instead of 100£(150$).. this opens up a whole new world and I have done no research in this yet soo.. any help would be much much much appreciated!! :)

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #9 of 12
I would have thought for that sort of price, at the higher end you would be looking at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-272-HD-Headphones-ear-cup/dp/B0012XZAXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319371802&sr=8-1

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/ultrasone-pro-750-s-logic-headphonesb.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shure-SRH940-Headphones/dp/B005CLQO3E/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1319372346&sr=1-2

Those brands all have slightly cheaper alternatives closer to £150, depends or your personal preference to look, size, comfort (leather or velour cups) etc.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #10 of 12
yes, I've been looking at all of those. I'm not too much of a fan of Ultrasone's look, but they might be good nevertheless.
Question is; is it worth it? or should I stick to the Fischer's FA-003 or Cresyn C720H and get a better set of In-ears as well or perhaps a better MP3/iPod?

And if it is worth it, which one of them would be best for daily use, without an amp and mainly for Metalcore and Dubstep kinda thing?

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #11 of 12
There is the fact that the Fischers are 64ohms, the original review by LFF say that they certainly don't need an amp but they do benefit from one. If you think you may buy one down the line then they might be a better option, if your wondering about price then i believe that Frogbeats is the cheapest currently for them at £109, the discount code CROAK10 will take them just over £100 including shipping so if you wanted you could then get some in-ears there as well if your in the market for some.

Not much is heard of the Cresyn, very little comes up in the search, would be a bit of a gamble.

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #12 of 12
I already knew about the cheap price of them, which was why I added them, so I'm thinking that I should get the Fischer FA-003, the SoundMagic earphones (heard good things about them and I can get them for 13£) and use the rest on a good MP3 player (my budget on that was 100£ so with the remains of my 200£ budget of headphones that'd be 200-123=77£ so that'll be a 177£ budget for my MP3) and then I could get an amp later down the line, perhaps after christmas when the expense of that is dealt with.
Sounds like a good plan to me..
Do you know of any stores within the UK (preferably find-able in Oxford or the area) where I can try on headphones like these? i like to try before I buy (like to, not have to..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back