Full Range Driver Research Project
Sep 12, 2009 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lpg

New Head-Fier
Is anyone in the community interested in doing some lab tests with different drivers and different cabinet designs?
I’ve built Fostex MLTQW speakers in the past, and I generally enjoy researching different speaker drivers. I’d like to build some new speakers comparing different drivers, though I don’t like the research that’s out there because each speaker designer does their tests in different environments.
What I want is a catalogue of real world frequency response charts and waterfall plots, to compare to the manufacturer’s T/S parameters and computer simulations.
Ideally, I would like do some independent lab measurements with several drivers and cabinets, all done in the same room environment and equipment.
We could make it a group buy, and collectively pay for the lab/measurements perhaps even loan our drivers and cabinets temporarily to get it done.
Has this been done before? If not, who wants to do it with me?

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 5
Whoa, I wasn't thinking anything as in-depth as this, but the simplicity of fullrange systems has always been appealing to me. Just finished a pair of half-chang speaker cabinets with Pioneer B20 fullrange drivers.

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 5
could i point you towards the diyaudio forums, full range section.

I think you will get a much better response there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back