Full iPod review?
Apr 22, 2003 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

NewSc2

500+ Head-Fier
Seeing as how this is probably one of the more recognizable and widely used players, can we organize a full review of sorts for this player?

I would volunteer myself for the review, but my iPod is my first mp3 player, so I don't have anything else to compare the audio, quality, or interface with.

Apr 22, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 15
Apr 22, 2003 at 3:22 AM Post #4 of 15
hahahahha

sorry to beat you to your own site

Apr 22, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 15
I read those, but I wanted a more complete audio-based review. Most of the web reviews don't focus on the audio quality at all.

Apr 22, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #6 of 15
hehe.. no problem Goose.
biggrin.gif

About the Exact audio quality of iPod, don't know what else to say besides damn good. I mean, with properly encoded MP3's its as good as a portable CD player to my ears. No hiss or additional artifacts. The power output is enough to drive most of my headphones.

Apr 22, 2003 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 15
True.. but the Creative Nomad Zen has a better audio output? Howso?

Apr 23, 2003 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
don't know how many times we've had the discussion on nomad vs ipod

top_search.gif

Is that all you post? Head of Team Search now? I've been here for a year, I know that there is a search button for this forum.

I'm asking for a Full Review on the iPod, seeing as we don't have any on head-fi, and it would attract more people to head-fi whilst doing iPod review searches. It would also be helpful to possibly review the various programs for the iPod and interfaces and such. We have a review of the Headroom iPod bag, makes sense to have a review for the iPod as well.

Apr 23, 2003 at 10:34 PM Post #12 of 15
Seriously, have you ever thought of going pro ? That's some of the best literary work in a review I've ever seen in my entire life.

Apr 23, 2003 at 10:51 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by NewSc2
True.. but the Creative Nomad Zen has a better audio output? Howso?

THIS is what i was referring to.

Quote:

Originally posted by NewSc2
Head of Team Search now?

As a matter of fact, I've been the head of team search for one month now.

Apr 24, 2003 at 12:04 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
Seriously, have you ever thought of going pro ? That's some of the best literary work in a review I've ever seen in my entire life.

redface.gif
stop, you're making me blush!

Anyways back to the point. If one says the Zen's output is better than the ipod, then that is *their* opinion. To make the best judgement for yourself, you have to buy and use both units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back