"Full Hog" Meta42
Jan 17, 2003 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

garryfp

New Head-Fier
Don't know if this is the right forum to post this in so move to correct one if needed.

I am looking for someone to build me a "Full Hog" Meta 42 amp. I have got a Creek OBH-2 regulated power supply for power, Senn 580 headphones, and soon a Cardas Smurf cable.

Do to age and health this will be the only amp I plan on buying so I want the best parts available. If any of the builders on this fourm are intersted please e-mail me.

Thanks

garryfp

Jan 17, 2003 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 7
JMT is supposed to be really great, but I bought mine (quite maxed out) from eric343 who did a great job with it. IIRC, eric built an extremely maxed out (what I would call "full hog") META42 for someone a while back, so he might be a good person to contact as well.

However, once you start going nuts on a META, your rate of returns might diminish significantly. This is pure speculation because I don't have much experience with different META builds, but it seems logical.

If you are looking at spending $500+, you should seriously consider a Gilmore, Corda HA-2, used Sugden Headmaster, or some other amps that are available and reportedly sound better than a META42.

Jan 18, 2003 at 7:51 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
JMT is supposed to be really great, but I bought mine (quite maxed out) from eric343 who did a great job with it. IIRC, eric built an extremely maxed out (what I would call "full hog") META42 for someone a while back, so he might be a good person to contact as well.

I don't do META42s on commission anymore...
frown.gif

Jan 18, 2003 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Out of curiosity, why not? Is it because you are too busy with school or other stuff?

That would make mine limited edition then!
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 7
"Too busy" would be an understatement...
rolleyes.gif

It happens every year around this time or so...

And yeah, I daresay yours is very much a limited edition, not just because I don't make them any more but because it's also the only one with an orange LED
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2003 at 7:55 AM Post #7 of 7
Woot! I'm famous!
biggrin.gif

Well, I'm glad you were able to make mine for me, because I am REALLY enjoying it. Best money I've ever spent; you do great work! Good luck with your other activities.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back