Fulianty Audio ST-18 OTL amp from Poland
Mar 4, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #3 of 17
I have this amp built to order. It arrived 2 weeks ago. It is on my shelf together with Riviera aic10 and Feliks Audio ENVY. So it has a great Company. And it performs at highest level. Highly recommended. It was presented in Munich High End show 2022 and in Warsaw Audio-Video show 2022 where I ordered it. You need to hear it to believe how high its class is.And dealing with its constructor Mr Rafał Fulianty is a pleasure too. Pictures can’t give it a justice, in reality is really beautiful in its simplicity

Attachments

• 8A90D92B-C63A-45F9-AF99-5E9B2818C193.jpeg
    8A90D92B-C63A-45F9-AF99-5E9B2818C193.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
May 2, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 17
I have this amp built to order. It arrived 2 weeks ago. It is on my shelf together with Riviera aic10 and Feliks Audio ENVY. So it has a great Company. And it performs at highest level. Highly recommended. It was presented in Munich High End show 2022 and in Warsaw Audio-Video show 2022 where I ordered it. You need to hear it to believe how high its class is.And dealing with its constructor Mr Rafał Fulianty is a pleasure too. Pictures can’t give it a justice, in reality is really beautiful in its simplicity
Hello. I also have a Riviera aic10, and have been eyeing up the Envy, and the Fulianty (and a Primavera as it happens). Can I ask how the Fulianty compares to the Riviera? Or alternatively if you could describe the Fulianty sound / performance? Thank you!

May 2, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 17
Hello, having RIVIERA is adventure because with just one tube change The amplifier character changes a lot. It is like chameleon changing colours depending on situation. I guess you know this. So basically when you owe Riviera you do not need anything else tbh. Just good source, cables, power line and you are done.
I bought ENVY blind, without any listening because I know people behind The brand and I was positive to receive great product. And it happened. It is different amp with a lot of subtleties in performance completely tube design, with The sound that may be tailored with tubes rolling. There is separate thread in this forum, I am contributing a bit there. In The end you must audition ENVY on your own and make decision whether you need it or not. It is nice to have both imho.
With Fulianty it is different story. This is boutique product too. It was built by passionate man who makes each piece by hand and built quality is very high. So by now it is one man creation and it has its own character. You may also experiment with tubes but I DID not started yet. Tubes are affordable and avaliable. Sound character of this amp is first of all calm and paceful. It can bite but it is not built for this I think. I listen to jazz, vocal and small groups of instruments and it is ok for me. Amp creates 3D sound space easily with front plan near you, stage is wider than deep, but its depth is satisfying. Colours it shows you are very pleasant, timbre is not neutral, rather on warm side and I think it is done deliberately. Amp for long sessions with a glass of vine. It is important to match headphones. It does not drive ABYSS 1266 so I think will not drive Susvara too. But it is great with Final 800 pro, Focal Utopia, ZMF Verite, and Valkyria too. You will certainly be able to listen to this amp in Warsaw during The Audio video show this year. It will also be avaliable in Amsterdam soon .
my very big recommendation
cheers- Maciej

May 2, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 17
Maciej, thank you for such a generous reply. It is really helpful and interesting. I have not experimented with tubes yet on my Riviera as I only have it for 3 months now, but this is definitely the next step. Did you find you needed a long burn-in time with the Riviera by the way? Also, do you have tubes to recommend? In a few weeks i will be in Germany where i will try the Envy, i have heard great things about it. And the Fulianty comes very highly recommended by Casques Headphones in France, and from your description it seems i would very much enjoy this amplifier. Thanks again!

May 2, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #7 of 17
Hi, nice to hear you liked my reply. This is short description, one hour listening will tel you more than 20 pages of text. Both amps are really worth some efforts to find them and listen. I know Fulianty received fecommendation from France, I am sure Stefan in Amsterdam will like it too.
As for Riviera- I bought it slightly used- no Marks of use at all, so I asume it was burned-in. But in a few months I also noticed some improvement in sound- maybe I just used to it. Tube rolling is essential- you can read a lot on it in dedicated Riviera thread.
For a couple of months I felt no urge to do anything with ENVY and then I was inspired by forum member to try to roll tubes. It was best I Could do. Believe me- you need to do it. I would start with not very expensive tubes -12au7 is avaliable on ebay in Greece I think, or certainly in UK or USA. I would start from SIEMENS, FIVRE, AMPEREX, also Tesla or TUNGSRAM. Then you will go to Mullard, Telefunken and so on. Just search Riviera thread, many enthusiasts contributed.
cheers- M

May 2, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 17
Hi, nice to hear you liked my reply. This is short description, one hour listening will tel you more than 20 pages of text. Both amps are really worth some efforts to find them and listen. I know Fulianty received fecommendation from France, I am sure Stefan in Amsterdam will like it too.
As for Riviera- I bought it slightly used- no Marks of use at all, so I asume it was burned-in. But in a few months I also noticed some improvement in sound- maybe I just used to it. Tube rolling is essential- you can read a lot on it in dedicated Riviera thread.
For a couple of months I felt no urge to do anything with ENVY and then I was inspired by forum member to try to roll tubes. It was best I Could do. Believe me- you need to do it. I would start with not very expensive tubes -12au7 is avaliable on ebay in Greece I think, or certainly in UK or USA. I would start from SIEMENS, FIVRE, AMPEREX, also Tesla or TUNGSRAM. Then you will go to Mullard, Telefunken and so on. Just search Riviera thread, many enthusiasts contributed.
cheers- M
Bless you Maciej, thanks so much for these replies, really really helpful, i am so looking forward now to experimenting with these suggestions. Also, after trying the Envy in Germany, in the summer i will be in France, so i will try the Fulianty. Safe Travels, wherever you go,,,

May 2, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #12 of 17
Do you have any concerns vis-a-vis tube life and operating stability with the horizontal orientation of the tubes?

May 3, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #14 of 17
Do you have any concerns vis-a-vis tube life and operating stability with the horizontal orientation of the tubes?
No, it took a lot of time to develop this amp and during this period there was not a problem with operating stability I was told. Horizomtal position of tubes is a matter of choice to make amp looking slim without tubes visible

Attachments

• 661F9876-8F14-4781-80B6-C7B9DAE3BEA3.png
    661F9876-8F14-4781-80B6-C7B9DAE3BEA3.png
    8.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 05072FF7-E7C3-4DAD-B345-B3A2E025F498.png
    05072FF7-E7C3-4DAD-B345-B3A2E025F498.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back