FuDgE!!!! my UE super fi 5 eb ....broke on me....
Apr 10, 2008 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

viet_jon

New Head-Fier
mad.gif

I'm using cheap two dollar replacements right now, and ...what a world of a difference.

The chord is dislodged from the earpiece exposing two wires.... is this replacable under warranty?

Apr 10, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 13
Depends on how long you've had em I guess...UE have reputedly great customer service - give them a ring or drop an email.

edit\ just seen the pix - ouch!

Apr 10, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 13
Good luck -I'm sure UE'll be fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #7 of 13
gahh blurry pics....please learn how to use the macro setting on ur camera....unless that was taken with cam on a phone, then itz ok but blah blurry!!!

Apr 11, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 13
umm did you try sticking it back in ? I don't see anything broken about it: the cables are SUPPOSED to be able to detach, and the two "wires" I see are just the contacts. just plug it back in.

unless your pictures are just too blurry...

Apr 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #11 of 13
You know we ought to make it a sticky thread or something like that, but apart from telling people to spend tons of money on expensive headphones and earphones we also ought to tell them get yourself a decent camera and even more sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif

Anyways viet_jon - if you email Jeanette at the address I PM'ed you yesterday this ought to be sorted out ASAP, only if my eyes are reading the fuzzy photo's correctly then, compairing it to my samples of UE's cables, then you have one of the classic UE Super-fi series problems, which is that the internal solderings broken away and the cables then pulled away taking the clear plastic bevelled seating it beds down into. A bit of a bummer, but don't worry because I'm certain that Jeanette and or Tarah will soon have it sorted for you OK.

Apr 11, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by leqin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know we ought to make it a sticky thread or something like that, but apart from telling people to spend tons of money on expensive headphones and earphones we also ought to tell them get yourself a decent camera and even more sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif

Anyways viet_jon - if you email Jeanette at the address I PM'ed you yesterday this ought to be sorted out ASAP, only if my eyes are reading the fuzzy photo's correctly then, compairing it to my samples of UE's cables, then you have one of the classic UE Super-fi series problems, which is that the internal solderings broken away and the cables then pulled away taking the clear plastic bevelled seating it beds down into. A bit of a bummer, but don't worry because I'm certain that Jeanette and or Tarah will soon have it sorted for you OK.

yes..........that's exactly what's wrong....

the soldering loosened and broke away.

That's a sign of relief, cuz I was thinking maybe UE won't help me cuz it's broken because of me and not factory defect.

Who's jeanette/Tarah? please send the PM again....i didn't get it.

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #13 of 13
Same thing happened to the Super.fi 5 Pro I gave my 14 yr old daughter for Xmas. I sent them back about 10 days ago to be repaired or replaced, and she is gonna be bummed if they have to send black ones back since red is discontinued...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back