Fubar usb DAC
Jan 27, 2009 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Tapiozona

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone had any experience with these? A search didn't return a single result so I'm guessing it's blah at best. Google searches reveal a ton of results and seemingly positive ones.

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 11
Uhh, something is wrong with my computer or the forum. Sorry for the repeat posts.

Does anyone have any experience with a Fubar usb dac? A search didn't reveal any results so figured I'd post.

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 11
Fubar dac sound good.
You can change and improve internal OPA to have a sound at your toast.
But there are so many external dac in this same range of price that it's difficult to say if it's the better bargain.
Just :
it worth the Price.

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 11
Have a sound at your toast? I don't like sound on my toast and prefer jam.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapiozona /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone had any experience with these? A search didn't return a single result so I'm guessing it's blah at best. Google searches reveal a ton of results and seemingly positive ones.

You googler! Just kidding. But I've never had any experience with this DAC, but I, too, have read reviews. Give it a try and give us here at Head-Fi a review of your own IMO!
jecklinsmile.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 11
I have this DAC in my 2 channel setup which consists of

a pair of Canton VENTO 820's
Krell Kav - 400i

while the dac does not fit in the price range of the other products i feel that it fits in very well performance wise. I opted for "THE SUPPLIER" upgraded power supply which i am also very happy about. This is a very nice DAC for the price range and they fact that you can roll the opamps is awesome.

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #8 of 11
I use mine with my Mini 9 and Stax portable system. Sounds nice to me, MUCH nicer than no DAC. I have no other DAC to compare it to however.

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by pegleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use mine with my Mini 9 and Stax portable system. Sounds nice to me, MUCH nicer than no DAC. I have no other DAC to compare it to however.

I guess it depends whether you can appreciate silence or not.
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #11 of 11
If you're still looking, I too am using the Fubar USB DAC and have been happy with it's performance. I'm using it in my stereo system and have it paired with a Rogue Audio Tempest tube amp and Linn Katan speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back