Fubar III w/Windows 7
Jun 7, 2009 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

StayOnBoard

Head-Fier
Hey all,

I wasn't sure if this was the best forum to post in - but I have a quick question concerning Windows 7 and the Fubar III (Firestone Audio).

Recently my computer just randomly died
frown.gif
It just reboots over and over - which leads me to believe the mother board is fried... So I just ordered a new one and I planned to run Windows 7 as my OS. Since the PC I have is brand spankin-new - I thought why not go with the newest OS? Besides - Im not really a big fan of Vista
atsmile.gif

So my question is, will the Fubar III work with Windows 7? I don't normally have any drivers or anything to install but I don't really know much about the new OS and I don't want to go through the trouble of installing this and finding out it doesn't work with any of my devices. I think the answer is "yes" but I'd really like to confirm before going through that effort.

Any comments welcome!
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 5
if you didnt need to install drivers on vista then there would be no need to on 7

i pesonally wouldnt pick 7 yet, the RC1 is stable yes but i woud stick with something that has been tried and tested, and then wait a couple months after the release of 7 before moving to it

to you computer problem, does anything come up on the screen, have you tried checked other things before the motherboard, cause in my experience you have to realy do something silly to break the motherboard

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 5
A few bad caps on the MB can cause the issue you describe. As well as a host of other problems. Dell had problems with bad capacitors on motherboards a few years back, but they are still showing up.

Pop the hood and see if any of the caps are bulging on the top. The tops of the electrolytics should be flat, not rounded.

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Thank you guys for the reply

Tenzip, I did what you suggested and I didn't see any of them popping over. I thought exactly the same thing when those issues started, but I haven't been able to isolate the problem yet.

Im going to try and get my hands on a RAM test disk and see if perhaps that is the issue. From what I know though, usually ram issues are sparodic. This is consistant every time I try to boot up my PC
frown.gif

I still think its a MD issue - but I was really surprised that there were no caps overflowing. If you have any other suggestions I'd really love to hear them
smily_headphones1.gif
Is it possible that maybe its just my HD that has failed and it can't boot the OS because of it?

Id appreciate any advice - if you think its salvagable
tongue.gif

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 5
One thing you could try is unplugging everything from the MB, and just plugging in the necessities, HD, RAM, video card. Then try booting. If you have a bootable CD, try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back