Fubar III in the house
Jul 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 6
Congrats....ENJOY...
beerchug.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 6
hmm.. pardon my crashing ignorance, but ive always wondered why pple needed an amp when using the com.. cant you just tweak the eq and all to the desired sound? dont mean to criticise, but yea...

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #4 of 6
I don't know about others but for me, tweaking the only EQ I have (which is on Winamp) doesn't do much to help me achieve the sound I want, whereas the amp does the job pretty well! :)

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 6
Some of it depends on the headphone you are using. Many on board amps (sound card or ipod) just are not powerful enough to drive many of the better headphones.

On another point, its hard to tell the difference between amps with cheap headphones/earbuds.

I know for a fact that my nicer IEMs, which are pretty easy to drive, sound much better with my Hornet or Tomohawk, especially in the bass department.

If you can't tell an improvement with a better amp, over whatever you are using, try improving the source or the headphones.

And, in this particular case with the Fubar III, this is an external USB DAC, which will usually sound much better than an "onboard" sound card.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by shelltox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm.. pardon my crashing ignorance, but ive always wondered why pple needed an amp when using the com.. cant you just tweak the eq and all to the desired sound? dont mean to criticise, but yea...

Because your onboard/pci soundcard doesnt have enough power or the proper parts to drive headphones like the D2000, HD600 nicely
biggrin.gif

And pimp stats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back