Fubar II over Hot Audio Bit Perfect
Aug 19, 2009 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Shark50521

100+ Head-Fier
Would this be much of an upgrade at all or am I making too small of a jump. Should I be looking at something like a keces 151 for my next jump, or should I invest in a better pair of can's first(currently using a pair of ad-700's and a pair of JVC 700's). Thanks in advance for your time.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 4
the Keces is a nice upgrade over the Fubar II, but you have to keep in mind that the Keces will occupy more desktop space than the Fubar II. If space is limited, you'll be better off with a Fubar II. The Fubar II is a really nice small DAC (you won't realize how small it is until you see it).

Sound-wise, I prefer the Keces. It's dead silent, the instruments seem to resonate beautifully from my speakers and Grado's. My girlfriend called it the "echo" effect. Regardless, I still like the somewhat "bright" sound the Fubar II gave me. Some songs I felt SHINED when I had the Fubar II ("Heart of Glass" by Blondie just to name one).

But overall, the edge goes to the Keces. It all comes down to soundstage and great instrument decay (not to mention tighter bass). The Fubar II with the power supply upgrade is nice, but for the price of those two, you'll almost have enough money for a Keces (which sounds better still).

One way I measure a DACs strength is to see if people still own the Keces they bought and if they still post. Overall I concluded that a lot of people from the Keces thread still have their DACs and still post here. A testament to a well designed and sounding DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back